Desktop Customization

• Thread starter Severance
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
This.

This is.

This is beautiful.

It looks so fucking mature, my god. I'm not the best with computers, but I'm going to do this. If I fail, and lose everything, I'm blaming all of you for tempting me.

ZEBOV

Banned
Reaction score
I just remembered to try this. So far, I have Rainmeter installed. Now I'm trying to figure out how to customize it.

x360rampagex

Reaction score

x360rampagex

Reaction score
can I just download a "preset" for this program? :)

Well, sort of. You have the main station, and then you have accessories to that station. I use "Enigma" as my main station, but you will want to customize it to get any use out of it.

If you would like I can make a video to help you. Just let me know what you need help with.

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
How are these desktop/theme's on the computer resource wise? Big drain, small drain, no drain?

x360rampagex

Reaction score
How are these desktop/theme's on the computer resource wise? Big drain, small drain, no drain?

I would only recommend having an extensive rainmeter if you have a high end PC. I have a quad-core 3.2hz, 8gb ram, system and it runs it fine. But my idle use is about 2gb, but processor barely anything. so I would say have at least 4gb ram, on a 64-bit system.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
I don't think you can really fuck things up. You edit it all inside the program, and if you don't like it you can restore to default, uninstall it or just quit the program. You're not playing around with your computers setting at all.. If you want just set up restore point before you start and you're all good to go

Severance

The Cockhammer
Reaction score
Well, the only thing preventing me to do anything related is being afraid to fuck everything up and having to re-format :lol:

Rainmeter wont do any of that shit to your computer. It's basically just a program that runs little windows on your screen.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
LeBump!

I've been playing around with Rainmeter a bit. I've gone for the classy approach. This is what I've got:

desktop20120122.jpg

Bungle

Sir Roger Moore, KBE
Reaction score
In before macfag :lol:

Using geektool for the time/date scripts, candybar for the custom dock and bowtie for the itunes band/song display down the corner there.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-02-04 at 12.21.57 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-02-04 at 12.21.57 AM.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 14
')