Despicable Me

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Saw this movie the night before last, and I must say, I loved it. Yes, yes. It's a child's movie, but there are parts that made me literally almost cry in laughter. In case you don't know what the plot is, Steve Carrell plays an evil villain who is in competition to be the world's greatest thief. He comes up with an idea to adopt little girls and use them as pawns to steal a shrink ray from his arch nemesis, Vector. In doing so, he falls in love with the girls, yada yada yada. You get the picture. But I must say the one part of the movie that kept it hilarious was the minions:

I highly suggest this for the parents of the board, or if you're even just bored and up for a good laugh. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm 16, and I'm dying to see it, haha. I've got this cute girl to go with lined up and everything. :yesway:

If it's the girl in your avatar, then it looks like you've already got her gagged so just bound her and you can skip the movie and go straight to rape :yesway:

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
If it's the girl in your avatar, then it looks like you've already got her gagged so just bound her and you can skip the movie and go straight to rape :yesway:

Sooomeone's not in a healthy state of mind. :lol: I keeed, I keeeeed.

Looks good but I can't be arsed to go to the theatre anymore...not sure why

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Looks good but I can't be arsed to go to the theatre anymore...not sure why

1. Tweenies
2. Babies
3. Douchebags who answer calls during movie
4. Obnoxious ticket prices

Sound about right? :lol:

I feel the same way though, I want to see it but don't wanna go to the theater and deal with the aforementioned insufferables

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm 31, no kids, and I fucking loved it. :lol:

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm 23, no kids, and plan on seeing it with the rest of my band, who are all mid-20s (expect our singer, who's 37, lol).

pink freud

Reaction score
When I first heard about it I thought it was going to be a movie about a dude going around being an asshole with no negative consequences or morals to the story. The commercials lead me to believe that this is not the case.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I'm 30. Saw it yesterday with my sister, bro-in-law, and 6 year old niece.

All of the above mentioned enjoyed it thoroughly.

It did a good job riding the balance between over-the-top gags for the kids and under-the-surface jokes for the adults.

If only I had enjoyed Predators as much. Still, 1 out of 2 on a double feature day isn't all bad. ;)

*note that 2nd movie was much later in the day and I was the only one who saw it. (No 6 year old niece for Predators.) :yesway:

eclipsex1

Reaction score

Haha. Good point. ;)

But unfortunately I still haven't got to see it. She picked me up (I get my license next week, actually) and we got to the theater, and there were like 3 church buses there with little kids running around... Needless to say, that movie was sold out. We saw inception which was also very good.. Even though the projector shut off about 20 times.:noway:

eclipsex1

Reaction score
Haha. Yeah. They probably set the reels up so that they would shut the projector off at the right moments. I'm sure of it now.

Nick1

Reaction score
Im going to take my sister to see it for her B-Day in about 45 min. I dont know much about it. I dont watch trailers anymore since they basically show ALL the best parts and ruin the whole thing.

')