Despised Icon

• Thread starter Snoop
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
even simpler
good and bad
it's all relative.

I love deicide. As a spiritualistic satanist and blasphemer deicide is my bread and butter, (though deicide goes more to the blasphemer side of things more than the spiritualistic) besides being one of the bands that originally got me into extreme music back in the day along with the ranks of darkthrone, mayhem, bathory, and burzum. i was a fan of oolllllllder behemoth much much more like storms near the baltic and such, which was the first album i purchased by behemoth. their blackened death metal style is fucking pounding!

i'm glad you mentioned Nile and Cryptopsy, as for Cryptopsy i liked them alot better with Lord Worm so that new shit not so much a fan of. Nile though..... bow the fuck down.

Oh, Nick, btw, the Sig X looks confusing as fuck, but alot of people say that about my Engl :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

Reaction score
the sig x isnt really that confusing. For all of the different things it does its actually got a really simple layout and its easy to use.

thinking of trying out a keeley modded TS this weekend.

If you liked behemoths old blackened death stuff youl probably like the newest one the apostasy :yesway:

Reaction score
yeah in your opinion, which in the scheme of things means absolutley nothing. Just like mine.

I like death metal like Nile and Cryptopsy and behemoth but i think deicide are completley awful does my liking the aforementioned bands make me an authority on what is and isnt death metal? deffinetly not.

there are 2 types of music, music you like and music you dont.

+1 Deicide are fucking terrible... The music is so generic and boring... The cheesy dark, satanist shit is pretty hilarious too...

Reaction score
wrong. legends. their music laid a standard for countless heavy acs today which you probably like

plus, have you ever been to a deicide show? the words you wrote generic, boring are nowhere in that show.

led-ua

Dysphoria (guitars)
Reaction score
Да, наверно. И может, единтсвенный русский? ;)
Отнюдь не единственный:hbang:
2 Snoop: dude, I can't help mentioning taste is so subjective issue that it's not a miracle to observe, for example, this community not listing such band as Despised Icon. To speak honestly, I am not really praying to it myself despite the fact that their drummer is really tight, but my or someone else's opinion doesn't make DI better or worse. If a band is touring so much, this is a bright example of its fans quantity.
Still I can name three only Ukrainian bands whose vocalists totally imitate the manner and style of DI second vocalist including full cap, bree-bree and moves.:lol: Example of influence.
However, what concerns tastes I can assure you I have several mates from the band where everyone is listening to serious stuff like Disgorge, Cryptopsy, but what they play together is absolutely simplified Waking The Cadaver-esque shit with quarter breakdowns and use of first 8-10 frets on the 6th string.:noplease:
P.S. I'm not seroius about it: the main reason of why SS.org doesn't like DI is because DI doesn't use 7-strings:metal:

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
+1 Deicide are fucking terrible... The music is so generic and boring... The cheesy dark, satanist shit is pretty hilarious too...

that's really not fair to say, since the only reason deicide is generic and boring today is because so many other bands copied them, and their older work has been a big influence on many of the modern death bands.
back in the early/mid 90's, deicide was some rock solid death metal and great to listen to.

as far as lyrics go, it's not like cannibal corpse lyrics are wondrous poetry. or a great deal of death metal bands, for that matter.

DrewsifStalin

LOLKATYPERRYGUY
Reaction score
My god this band is terrible, its just some guy screaming inhaling like a woman, tritones. bree's, and shitty blasts.

Nick

Reaction score
lol yeah you cant call deicide generic seeing they are the ones who pioneered it :p

Snoop

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Shawn
Yeah, finally another Despised Icon fan :hbang:

btw, did you tab any of their songs?

BurialWithin

NAM SAND!!
Reaction score
Despised icon is ok breakdowns can get boring specially when there's like a big huge build up right before it !!!! BREAKDOWN !!! TA TA TUMMMMMM TUM TUM TA TA TUM.( PAUSE ) *harmonic TA TA TUMMMM .... it's just kind of like ok fast forward lol.

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
I've been a fan since their first CD...their new CD is faster for sure...but I still like their older stuff better. It was a little more raw.

RedSkull

riffs master
Reaction score
fuck these guys have cranked up their song writing, the first solo (and riff) underneath it sound wicked fast

brahminlead

Reaction score
Despised icon is ok breakdowns can get boring specially when there's like a big huge build up right before it !!!! BREAKDOWN !!! TA TA TUMMMMMM TUM TUM TA TA TUM.( PAUSE ) *harmonic TA TA TUMMMM .... it's just kind of like ok fast forward lol.

Getting the kids ready for the br00tal mosh duh. :)

My god this band is terrible, its just some guy screaming inhaling like a woman, tritones. bree's, and shitty blasts.

Not inhaled ever. Tritones yes, breeing yes (not on Day of Mourning though), and their drummer is pretty good imo.

lol yeah you cant call deicide generic seeing they are the ones who pioneered it :p

I don't like Deicide, but the man has a point.

Gitte

Reaction score
just sa them a few days ago and they destroyed the place :) one of my favourite bands for sure!!!

')