Dethklok Live

• Thread starter giannifive
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

giannifive

Occasional Poster
Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone see Dethklok live on their short tour? I saw their last show of the tour (on Sunday) and it rocked. They showed an animated video for every tune, as well as a few clips between songs. And the musicianship of the band was phenomenal. I especially enjoyed seeing Mike Keneally.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ajdehoogh

blarg
Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully a DVD will come out on a few of these concerts.

giannifive

Occasional Poster
Contributor
Reaction score
How did they sound? Were they using Kranks and Gibsons?
They sounded pretty tight. Brendon Small and Mike Keneally both had Krank heads on stage, but after one wouldn't turn on it was replaced by something with the nameplate taken off. Brendon played a Gibson Explorer and Mike played a Jackson Randy Rhoads.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
They sounded pretty tight. Brendon Small and Mike Keneally both had Krank heads on stage, but after one wouldn't turn on it was replaced by something with the nameplate taken off. Brendon played a Gibson Explorer and Mike played a Jackson Randy Rhoads.

Thats fucking awesome. Of course they had spares. Interesting that after it wouldn't turn on they brought something else out - I would have thought they just had 5150's backstage like a couple of other bands did that supposedly 'endorsed' Krank. :lol:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I would have loved to see them in concert. Those live clips were pretty cool. I like how Brendan Smalls was doing Skisgar's guitar parts while growling Nathan's vocals and sometimes playing Toki's guitar parts, which is just the thing Skisgar sounds like he would make fun of Nathan for not being able to do. :lol:

I hope there are some higher quality videos uploaded to Youtube in the future.

Drache713

Contributor
Reaction score
I managed to see them when they came through Fort Collins, it was one of the best and most fun concerts I've ever been to. I hope they get another larger more elaborate tour planned out so I can see them again! :hbang:

Dead but Dreaming

Reaction score
Wow, that must've been an amazing concert. I just found out about Dethklok in the past couple weeks since Metalocalypse isn't on TV here and no one told me about it :eek: But I found all the episodes on Tubearoo.

Actually watching those live vids I'm not sure if I could really accept them playing live without the real life versions of the cartoon characters. It's almost a little disappointing! :)

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
God, I wish they could have come to Austin.

Latest posts

')