Detuning pedal

• Thread starter Bumskull
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bumskull

Reaction score
I'm looking for a pedal that can digitally tune my guitar 1-2 steps lower. I did take a look at the boss shape shifter, but people say that it wont work if you put it in front of your amp. I only have a combo, so without a seperate head and cab i cant use the boss. Some other options like th the digitech harmony man and the eventide harmonizer are really good at what they do, but are way too expensive. I'm looking for something from $150-200. If people sell these used for that price I would like to kno also.

And yes I do have a 7 string, i dont want this pedal for tuning to Eb or D, it is for tuning to Bb, A, and G.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
i am not aware of such thing being commercially available, but i think it should be possible to make.

the only system i know is the variax system with one of their software which allows the user to select its tuning. (line6 that is by the way)

sorry i can't be more helpful

GigantoRobotico

Reaction score
Would a whammy not do this?

I know the newer ones at least can bend down as well as up.

Just a matter of setting the pedal and clicking in on and off when you need it, right?

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Any of the DigiTech RP line have a Whammy effect that you can set to how you like, that's what I use for pitch modification for my 7.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
I did take a look at the boss shape shifter, but people say that it wont work if you put it in front of your amp. I only have a combo, so without a seperate head and cab i cant use the boss.
I think you're a little confused about what they mean. When they say "in front of the amp", they mean plugging it in to the input, as opposed to running it in the effects loop. Having a half-stack as opposed to a combo isn't preferable in this instance because running it between the head and cab would blow up the pedal, and possibly your head as well.

')