Did Broderick head over to Dean?

• Thread starter zak
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
why should he care?

Dave and Jackson aren't exactly on good terms.

Back before Fender bought Jackson, Dave was in a position to buy Jackson, and supposedly was in talks to do so. Then, at the last minute they stopped talking to him all together and he found out, via press release no doubt, that Jackson was acquired by FMIC. It obviously pissed Dave off enough that he immediately stopped using Jackson guitars, even his old favorites.

aleXander

BlackByPopularDemand
Reaction score
Once he gets used to the compound radius fretboard he'll probably switch over especially if he's playings 6s.

^He's very excited :lol: just another jackson for you to add to your gas list eh?

It's a bummer he's not sticking with Ibanez.

potatohead

Reaction score

Back before Fender bought Jackson, Dave was in a position to buy Jackson, and supposedly was in talks to do so. Then, at the last minute they stopped talking to him all together and he found out, via press release no doubt, that Jackson was acquired by FMIC. It obviously pissed Dave off enough that he immediately stopped using Jackson guitars, even his old favorites.

Uhh, welcome to the world of business?

I just sold a Soloist because I just simply like Ibanez more. Broderick honestly is who got me into Ibanez, so this is a bit ironic.

suffo20

Reaction score

I remember this well as I was Endorsed by Jackson at the time. Not only did Dave get pissed and move on to ESP guitars at the time Jackson canned the whole crew that was working there as well as many of their endorsers the day the deal was made. No one knew about it except the big wigs there that it was coming. Ultimatley I could not get ahold of Jackson guitars for a few years to find out why I was not on their artist list anymore! It was a real bold move but I guess they had to do what they had to do to keep things rolling.

Reaction score
I won't believe anything about Broderick jumping ship until I see something official, not just hearsay. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, or isn't going to, but I'm a believer in seeing is believing.

Reaction score
I would find it hard to believe they wouldn't allow him more freedom, unless it was some god awful ugly phallic design or something. The guy, and the band are absolutely huge right now.

MJS

Reaction score

That's funny. So, Jackson basically Metallica'd Dave? :D

Two alternate endings that would have been funnier:

1. Jackson brings him out to do the deal... then tells him he's out and sends him home on a Greyhound bus, Metallica style.

2. Metallica buys Jackson and boots Dave (again) before Dave even realizes he's out and has a chance to quit.

:D

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Hope I God not.

Dave does seem to be on the wrong side of shit deals quite a bit, though. I would actually have sympathy for him if:

1) He didn't cause 99% of it.
2) He didn't whine like a bitch.

But on the other hand, he does have excellent taste in guitarists.

DaddleCecapitation

Manatees Last Breath
Reaction score
I read in a discussion about NAMM 2011 on Chris Broderick's forum that he confirmed that he would announce an endorsement with Jackson and a new guitar that may become his signature model.

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score
I know Broderick personally and no, he did not. He is actually currently working with Jackson.

dude hook a brotha up with a autograph!
sorry to sound desperate, you just dont see alot of celebs in snowflake AZ or any where in Oregon (my previous residence). although i did meet weird AL and the little river band.

')