Diezel VH4 (Impressions of an AxeFx model)

• Thread starter Zepp88
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
If the "Das Metall" sim on the AxeFx is any indication, the Diezel VH4 is one of the most awesome amps I've heard. It sounds kinda like......"what if Marshall had built the Dual Rectifier and did it right"

So, how the fuck did Metallica manage to get such a crappy tone from Diezels? It could have been brutal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
"what if Marshall had built the Dual Rectifier and did it right"
As in, less fizzy sounding or what?:scratch:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
If the "Das Metall" sim on the AxeFx is any indication, the Diezel VH4 is one of the most awesome amps I've heard. It sounds kinda like......"what if Marshall had built the Dual Rectifier and did it right"

So, how the fuck did Metallica manage to get such a crappy tone from Diezels? It could have been brutal.

Is there a VHT Pittbull model? There are a lot of similarities between the VH4 and the UL, but I of course much prefer the UL.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
It has the nice low end of the Recto, but it also has a bright and aggressive top end. I don't think the Recto is fizzy so I have no idea about that.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm impressed by it, that's for sure. :agreed:

I'm even suspecting that the tube power amp I'm using is holding the AxeFx back, like the models could shine through even better with a solid state amp.

It seems that Cliff will model anything that he can find the schematics for.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
It has the nice low end of the Recto, but it also has a bright and aggressive top end. I don't think the Recto is fizzy so I have no idea about that.

Fizzy at lower volumes though, but I guess that goes away at higher volumes.
So while it has that bright and aggressive top end, does it still have that mean 'chunk' of a Recto?

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
It does, but I've noticed that it's not as intense as a real Recto (not the sim). Part of this may be my power amp, or some other factor that I'm not seeing.

When you get the volume up it is pretty damned brutal though.

-K4G-

Go Auckland Blues!
Reaction score

rick-rubin.jpg

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, let the man produce the Red Hots and you've got a killer record but anything else... :ugh:

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
Reign in Blood had his name on it, yeah.

Part of me thinks the Beastie Boys' "Licensed to Ill" did, too. :lol:

biggness

Contributor
Reaction score
Come on somebody, give this thing some crap reviews to help calm my desire for one. Somebody come out and say that Cliff ships these things out with a coupon for a 50% refund if you promise to give glaring reviews to everybody and their momma. Cause until then, I will continue to salivate out of my ears at the mere thought of getting my hands on one. :lol:

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, let the man produce the Red Hots and you've got a killer record but anything else... :ugh:

I dunno, I went back and listened to Slipknot's last album and realized it was almost as bad as Death Magnetic, and then went back and listened to the RHCP album he did, and it's the only time Flea's bass has every sounded weak.

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
I dunno, I went back and listened to Slipknot's last album and realized it was almost as bad as Death Magnetic, and then went back and listened to the RHCP album he did, and it's the only time Flea's bass has every sounded weak.

:spock: Er... what? You do realise he did every Red Hots album since Blood Sugar Sex Magic?

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Come on somebody, give this thing some crap reviews to help calm my desire for one. Somebody come out and say that Cliff ships these things out with a coupon for a 50% refund if you promise to give glaring reviews to everybody and their momma. Cause until then, I will continue to salivate out of my ears at the mere thought of getting my hands on one. :lol:

i'm thinking the same thing! haha

i mean it can't be perfect..... can it? :ugh:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
clips, sir.

bottom end of a dual rec with the marshall roar? do go on, do go on.

')