Diezel VH4 (Impressions of an AxeFx model)

• Thread starter Zepp88
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
I demand that conversation about the Red Hot Chili Peppers cease. Not in my thread, oh no, not in my thread :squint:

And yes, Rubin produced "Licensed To Ill" when he was still doing DefJam.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Come on somebody, give this thing some crap reviews to help calm my desire for one. Somebody come out and say that Cliff ships these things out with a coupon for a 50% refund if you promise to give glaring reviews to everybody and their momma. Cause until then, I will continue to salivate out of my ears at the mere thought of getting my hands on one. :lol:
:lol:
i'm thinking the same thing! haha

i mean it can't be perfect..... can it? :ugh:
Perfect? Maybe.
Care to make some clips there Mikey boy?
Maybe....if I ever get around to it, I hate recording.
clips, sir.

bottom end of a dual rec with the marshall roar? do go on, do go on.
That's kind of what the Das Metall sim sounds like, pretty cool, it makes me want to try a real Diezel.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
makes me want to hear it!

i still want to have a go on a Splawn, as i do enjoy good tone from marshalls.

Christopher

Total Rondo Addict!
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm impressed by it, that's for sure. :agreed:

I'm even suspecting that the tube power amp I'm using is holding the AxeFx back, like the models could shine through even better with a solid state amp.

It seems that Cliff will model anything that he can find the schematics for.

I found this to be the case in my rig. I like my Carvin DCM 600 better with the Axe Fx than the Peavey Classic 50/50 I had before.

Fler

Òran Mór
Reaction score
Yeah I had to give in huh, it was one hell of a fart I must say...

Sacha

Reaction score
I like the model more then the real amp :lol:

still a sweet amp though, just not for me.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
I found this to be the case in my rig. I like my Carvin DCM 600 better with the Axe Fx than the Peavey Classic 50/50 I had before.

Yeah I think I'm definitely going to have to go this route as well. Me and Nate (co-guitarist) set up some recording sounds with it yesterday and it's sounding great, so now my main concern is replicating that live. Which is making me want the Atomic cab REALLY fucking badly.

thadood

'Das brootal.
Reaction score
Yeah I think I'm definitely going to have to go this route as well. Me and Nate (co-guitarist) set up some recording sounds with it yesterday and it's sounding great, so now my main concern is replicating that live. Which is making me want the Atomic cab REALLY fucking badly.

I was going to get a DCM600, but I ended up getting a TS100 instead =x

Now to save up for the Axe-FX Standard..

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
VH4 ch3 = marshall rawness with incredibly thick growling low-mids :agreed:

what i also adore on it is that it can additionally go from dry to saggy without losing clarity, tightness or articulation

if i could just get away with cranking it in my apartment :mad:

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
daaaaamn, i just heard a clip of an axe fx with the DAS METAL model on...this is actually REALLY close to the Diezel...altough i'd say its more Einstein than VH4, but on the other hand - Einstein on Ch1 Mod3 is so fucking close to the VH4...

seems like Fractal Audio did something completely correct with the Axe FX. :yesway:

the clip is HERE! from some guy on the Diezel Forum.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll check out that clip when I get home. I might also record a clip of the Hiwatt model if I can manage to get a good enough recording. THAT is an astonishing model.

Fler

Òran Mór
Reaction score
I'm lucky to have a Hiwatt Custom 50 and a Diezel VH4 at home, should be interesting comparing the models to the real things. When the fucking AxeFX arrives ><

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
I'm lucky to have a Hiwatt Custom 50 and a Diezel VH4 at home, should be interesting comparing the models to the real things. When the fucking AxeFX arrives ><

awesome amps, sir! :yesway:

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
daaaaamn, i just heard a clip of an axe fx with the DAS METAL model on...this is actually REALLY close to the Diezel...altough i'd say its more Einstein than VH4, but on the other hand - Einstein on Ch1 Mod3 is so fucking close to the VH4...

seems like Fractal Audio did something completely correct with the Axe FX. :yesway:

the clip is HERE! from some guy on the Diezel Forum.

I just listened to that clip :holy: that sounds great. I haven't messed with that model much, but damn it's capable of being awesome!

')