Dilemma: Loomis TOM or Xiphos 7?

• Thread starter Marginal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Help a n00b please!

• Loomis TOM

Votes: 36 50.0%
  • Xiphos 7

Votes: 36 50.0%

• Total voters

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
They're both equally awesome IMO. My Xiphos 7 really impressed me, I love it. The Schecter probably has a few higher quality components, but really the XPT707 plays and sounds remarkable so I'd say go with the shape you prefer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Duraesu

Reaction score
i would go with the Loomis... 707's... beautiful maple fretboard... confortable body shape... but its also true that both guitars seem to kick ass! so.... GET BOTH!! hehe

Marginal

Liquid Is Djent
Reaction score
i would go with the Loomis... 707's... beautiful maple fretboard... confortable body shape... but its also true that both guitars seem to kick ass! so.... GET BOTH!! hehe

That's going to kill my wallet :lol:

unconventional

Reaction score
1. I like both shapes, so I don't really care about it.
2. Having passives would be nice, since I'd have more options, BUT I've had no previous expierience with active (or any other pickups for that matter -me being a freakin' newb with guitar equipment).
3. Up till' now, I've only played my 6-string, which has a fairly thin neck. And I can't say that it's the most comfortable thing in the world. At least that's what I think. I could try out a guitar similar to the Loomis, like the Hellraiser, but that would have to wait (it's two hours drive time from here and I can't drive a car :lol:). Too much work for school.
4. Again, no opinion here. You have to start from something and learn in the process what you like and don't like, right?
5. Yeah, I guess that's the only thing making want the Xiphos less is the neck dive issue. And I wouldn't know how to fix it.

But of course. I have to satisfy the guitar lust goin' on here :cool:

Buddy, get a drill and I'll tell you what size bit I used. It's not that hard, but you have to be careful because the underside of the upper crown is tight, you need a drill bit extension and you have to use a proper bit. Too big of a bit is going to make the screw not be able to hold good. Two small a hole and your going to have a tough time installing the screw and could risk splitting the wood.

If your fairly handy and have some tools, it's not a big deal.

If you decide on the xiphos, I'll measure exactly where I have my screw holes and check out the vid in this thread if you didn't see where I put the strap buttons. Well, strap locks as I'm using a dimarzio strap.

Kevin

Lankles

Fuelled by Chicken alone.
Reaction score
I honestly have a recurring nightmare about denting an actual hole in my Loomis and it's hollow inside and made of some eggshell like material. 3 times now as of last night.

beepx22

Reaction score
I honestly have a recurring nightmare about denting an actual hole in my Loomis and it's hollow inside and made of some eggshell like material. 3 times now as of last night.

Heaviest Damned Egg Shell I've seen... lol. I admit i've dreamt of dinging my loomis up, also, I vote for the loomis, as well im a schecter man.

')