Dilemma: Stricly7 or Mayones Regius 8-String?

Strictly7 or Mayones?

• Strictly

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Mayones

Votes: 90 81.8%

• Total voters

mackenzie

Reaction score
Sup guys!

As it says in the title, I'm sick of paying for mediocre gear that breaks and degrades and all that. I've done my research and have managed to whittle it down to these two companies.

My current thoughts are:

Strictly: favourable exchange rate, greater customer support.

Mayones: less transit, better aesthetics.

Obviously both will play awesomely but having never played either I don't want to make a snap decision. As a player, I play a lot of styles from classical to metal so I need versatility.

So if anyonehas any advice to give it would be really appreciated! haha :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
I've never played either brand but Strictly 7 seem to Market themselves as pretty metal guitars so if you play a lot of styles, as you say you do, I'd find that off-putting.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
I would go with Mayones, I have heard nothing but good things about there guitars, while Strictly 7 I have heard mixed things.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
I have no experience with Mayones but I really cannot recommend Strictly 7. I own some nice guitars, and it could not even come close to competing.

Obviously both will play awesomely
In my experience this is just not true.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I dont even need to play a Strictly 7 to tell you Mayones cause its hard to believe anything will be better than Mayones Regius. I have a Mayones Regius 7 and thats where it ends for me pretty much. Extremely nice guitar.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Both companies have their horror stories, in the end its up to which one has the better customer service, because they're both capable of producing phenomenal guitars. You just have to watch out for the lemons of the bunch. TS You should check out Siggery guitars, I've heard much good about him.

Itsmychapel

Reaction score
Voted Strictly 7. I've played a Regius a few weeks ago and it was phenominal, but the fact that Strictly can get you a custom for 2000 dollars makes me say that money wise your getting alot more from them then otherwise spending alot more for a Mayones. Awesome guitars though.

bulb

Reaction score
All i have to say is that the Mayones Regius 8 string is one of the absolute best 8 string guitars i have ever played. I would HIGHLY reccomend going for that!

anne

No privacy hedge.
Reaction score
The Mayones will almost certainly be the better of the two for a number of reasons, but you'll also definitely pay for that. I think S7s play fine, but I don't shred. And as far as aesthetics and versatility are concerned, S7 is a custom shop.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mayones, no question. I've seen too many things on Strictly 7s that I really didn't like to consider one :2c:

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Voted Strictly 7. I've played a Regius a few weeks ago and it was phenominal, but the fact that Strictly can get you a custom for 2000 dollars makes me say that money wise your getting alot more from them then otherwise spending alot more for a Mayones. Awesome guitars though.

Uh... just cause it's cheap doesn't mean it's good.

Itsmychapel

Reaction score
Uh... just cause it's cheap doesn't mean it's good.

I feel like im getting more for my money. Thats all. I got everything i wanted from the Strictly i ordered for 2,200. I wasnt taking price into consideration at all and i felt like those prices where pretty kickass for whats definitely the best guitar ive ever owned. just my opinion :)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I feel like im getting more for my money. Thats all. I got everything i wanted from the Strictly i ordered for 2,200. I wasnt taking price into consideration at all and i felt like those prices where pretty kickass for whats definitely the best guitar ive ever owned. just my opinion :)

Wait, have you actually received your S7 yet, or are you just guessing? :scratch:

Itsmychapel

Reaction score
Wait, have you actually received your S7 yet, or are you just guessing? :scratch:

well its a bit weird. Im getting whats going to be my second one. a friend ordered one for himself while knowing nothing about guitars and took my advice on what to get. He sold it to me like 2 months after he got it. cost around 2,000. Im getting another one thats a virtual copy with the new dmarizio 8s in it for like 2,200. So i technically have recieved one, and am getting another one soon! C: I've never owned a Mayones but I've played an elf and a regius

mackenzie

Reaction score
@thrsher: Just had a look at your thread, that looks like a sick guitar. I really am a fan of Jim's work, and I've had a bit of back and forth with him, but all the conflicting stories do make me slightly uneasy about it. I'm sure 90% of the time they're great but its still a bit of a risk, and its a big outlay.

The Mayones would most likely be worth the extra money, but getting the money together is gonna take a long long time. Not that that should be a reason to not get it, but just another thing to consider.

I've been having a look at Siggery guitars, really impressive stuff. I hadn't heard of him before...

Thanks for all the feedback again guys, its all helpful :) \m/

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
All i have to say is that the Mayones Regius 8 string is one of the absolute best 8 string guitars i have ever played. I would HIGHLY reccomend going for that!

it's like you keep finding new "best guitars" all the time. Do you ever stop leveling up? :lol:

You have great taste in guitars, bro.

mackenzie

Reaction score
@Bulb: Yeah dude it was actually you that first prompted me to check them out. Stunning guitars. I've been e-mailing Maciej back and forth, very cool dude, really helpful. Seeing as you'll be able to answer this personally, how versatile are they? I play clean much as distorted, so I don't want to have to compromise for the amount I'd have to pay.

The only real stumbling block is the price, I'd need to save up for hella long. Plus I'm selling my 6 and 7 strings to go towards this 8 which would mean I would have to be without a guitar for a long ass time, which ain't ideal to say the least...

')