Dimarzio Blaze set in my Carvin DC747?? Questions.

• Thread starter renzoip
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

renzoip

I Am the Table
Reaction score
Hey dudes!!

I've been wondering about how other pickups would sound on my 7. Carvin stock pickups are good but I'm still curious about having other pickups installed. The type of pickup I am after is one with balance, clarity, tight low end and nice harmonics. Medium-high output preferably.

Do you guys think the Blaze set would do this for me?? Also, Have any of you tried the Blaze Middle?? I hope the output is rather balanced with the bridge and neck humbuckers, I don't like having a huge drop in volume when I use my single coil (wich I do use for cleans).

If you guys any other suggestions let me know, I'm looking for a H-S-H set.

BTW, my guitar is a Mahogany body with a Maple neck thru.

Thank you!! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dis89

Reaction score
I`ve installed once a Blaze in my alder 747 and was satisfied, especially when connected coils parallel, nice and very clear tone on crunch, not bad on clean. Personally I can say that stock pickups are good for clean and overdriven sounds and are way to muddy for highgain, that was the reason for the upagrade.
BUT there is a problem, Dimarzio and SD wont fit in standart socket, so you have to use a dremel and lacquer :evil:

post-27702-1235373887.jpg

post-27702-1235374026.jpg

post-27702-1235374165.jpg

post-27702-1235374244.jpg

actually, it depens. I would say if you want to play dirty sounds, the first thing to do is to replace picks. But dont throw em away, thea are awesome for clean :cool:

renzoip

I Am the Table
Reaction score
Nice, thanks for letting me know about the routing. It does not look too complicated. I think I will dive the Blaze a try. They are not too expensive over here so I can't lose much! :yesway:

lurgar

Reaction score
I believe that now Carvin actually routes the cavities to 72mm which is supposed to be the standard "DiMarzio" size pickup. I haven't tested this on mine yet, but when I have enough money, I'll be swapping pickups and will put this theory to test.

justinnn

Reaction score
I believe that now Carvin actually routes the cavities to 72mm which is supposed to be the standard "DiMarzio" size pickup. I haven't tested this on mine yet, but when I have enough money, I'll be swapping pickups and will put this theory to test.

Please let me know if this works because i just got my carvin the other day and im looking at swaping the PUPs, and im trying to not rout out the body.

dis89

Reaction score
Yeah, guys, I also DIDN`T believe that the DiMarzio didn`t fit into 747... there was about 1.2-1.3 mm enough.. I just havent thought about it before replacing the PUP because visially routed sockets looked "standart". That Carvin was produced on may 2000, now Im looking to buying a newer one, but not only to find out if they in LA started to do a normal routing ) So before changing a PUP you have to measure the socket!

')