DiMarzio DSonic - "Official" new EBMM JP Bridge Pickup

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Drew said:
:(

I'm a filthy communist, and I DO use the bridge pickup of my UV for the majority of my lead playing...

...of course, if I had a seven string strat, I'd be all over that neck singlecoil, so maybe there's hope, lol.
could always get a custom pick guard made with a neck single instead of a hum... and get a discount from sharp concepts if you mention this forum and my name :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Chris said:
I'm of the mindset that only communists record lead tracks with anything other than the neck pick up anyhow, so I'll probably end up going for the DSonic, at least in my C7.
guess you can call me a commie then :fawk:

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
metalfiend666 said:
Well both my Roswells and my flying V only have a bridge pickup, and only the bridge pickup is working in my RG7321 at the moment. I also barely use any other pickup position other than full bridge humbucker. I guess that must make me Lenin!

Comrade! Viva La Revolution!!!

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
I like the neck p/u for fast picking and the bridge for muting and harmonics. The neck p/u seems to clean things up, too.

It's nice to see people taking 7 p/u's seriously. Of course, John seems like he's pretty serious about his music, so there you go.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Here is the description I just got from Dimarzio on my new price sheet. I ordered 6 each of them to start and their new pups will start to ship in Feb.

d sonic 7™ DP706 List Price $119
Clarity, warm tone and high output are the qualities that define the D Sonic™. John Petrucci agrees. He’s had a lot of recent experience playing the D Sonic™ on his 6-string guitars, so when he wanted the same sound from his 7-string, we couldn’t say no. The D Sonic™ combination of clean and heavy that works so well with high gain amps for both chords and soloing makes a great choice for a 7-string bridge pickup. The high strings sing and the low strings growl. And it looks really cool.

x2n 7™ DP705 List Price $129
From the moment we started making 7-string pickups, we started hearing the same question: Where’s the X2N-7™? Okay, we got the message. The X2N-7™ is incredibly loud and focused like the original 6-string model,
but we’ve totally redesigned the coils to capture the entire 7-string frequency response. Parallel humbucking and split-coil modes are available for cleaner and quieter sounds. If you’re looking for pretty sound, don’t go here. If you’re looking for pretty crazy, this is it.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:
Here is the description I just got from Dimarzio on my new price sheet. I ordered 6 each of them to start and their new pups will start to ship in Feb.

d sonic 7™ DP706 List Price $119
Clarity, warm tone and high output are the qualities that define the D Sonic™. John Petrucci agrees. He’s had a lot of recent experience playing the D Sonic™ on his 6-string guitars, so when he wanted the same sound from his 7-string, we couldn’t say no. The D Sonic™ combination of clean and heavy that works so well with high gain amps for both chords and soloing makes a great choice for a 7-string bridge pickup. The high strings sing and the low strings growl. And it looks really cool.

x2n 7™ DP705 List Price $129
From the moment we started making 7-string pickups, we started hearing the same question: Where’s the X2N-7™? Okay, we got the message. The X2N-7™ is incredibly loud and focused like the original 6-string model,
but we’ve totally redesigned the coils to capture the entire 7-string frequency response. Parallel humbucking and split-coil modes are available for cleaner and quieter sounds. If you’re looking for pretty sound, don’t go here. If you’re looking for pretty crazy, this is it.

Any idea on the time they'll be available? I imagine they're going to sell out quickly. Don't spose you'll be taking pre-orders? :)

EDIT - nevermind, I completely skipped over the top of your post.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, I'll take pre-orders. I'll post separately in the For Sale forum about this. Or the pup/electronics? Chris? Drew? Any suggestions?

Latest posts

')