Dimarzio Evo 7 needs some routing?

• Thread starter Rex
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
I've never had to route any guitar to fit any Dimarzio 7 string pickup, they've always just dropped right in.

If you do a search, I posted some .pdf's of most Dimarzio pickups that have all of the dimensions posted.

Hope that was helpful, good luck.

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
Only modification I'll have to do on my rg7321 is to drill another hole for the Evo7, because the holes are about 2,5mm wider on the Evo7

but the pickup slipped into the cavity just fine...

scott from _actual time_

grumpy old man
Contributor
Reaction score
Hello I´ll buy a dimarzio Evo 7 for my RG7321 and, in Harmony Central, searching opinions, i see in the first review that it needs some routing to install in the bridge of the RG7321

Is this true or not? :scratch:
the Evo is a tiny bit taller than most other DiMarzio 7-string pickups--that may be why the reviewer had to route some. it would depend on how high you like your pickups.

cpnhowdy

Reaction score
I had an extra EVO7 laying around and put in in my customer Agile. It did not fit, the baseplate was alot wider than the route. Nothing my Dremel didnt handle, just had to grind about 1.5 mm or so off of both sides.
It does sit a bit high however

Rex

Reaction score
Well I'm not going to buy it then, I never had to do this kind of holes and i don´t want to do anything to the guitar. I also like the d activator. Are these if they fit well without doing any extra work?

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
the Evo7 fitted right into my 7680 which had stock pickups. i believe these were "new 7's"

edit: addressing your last question: i believe all dimarzio's are exactly the same dimensions

cow 7 sig

AU director / RHLC ©
Reaction score
evo 7 drops into rg1527s with no other alterations at all.direct swap.as the 7321 is almost the same as 1527 dimension wise, it should fit with no trouble.

Latest posts

')