Dimarzio has 2 new 7 pups for '06!

• Thread starter ecalcagnino
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Roland777

Reaction score
You know any of their sonic characteristics? If so, could you describe them for me?

Mind Riot

Devoted seven stringer
Contributor
Reaction score
Flippin sweet, but I wonder if a Drop-sonic 7 pickup is kind of redundant?

They should both be a lot of fun though. :hbang:

I want a humbucker sized P-90 for seven string. Might have to get one of those expensive custom ones Jim Soloway was talking about in his thread. :yesway:

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
No idea how they sound yet. I just got an email 10 minutes ago from them saying that they are introducing them at NAMM. I'll order a pair ASAP but I won't get them in for a few weeks I imagine. In the meantime keep up with their site for more details.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:
X2N-7™ and D Sonic 7. Details will be on their site. No prices yet. Peace!

X2N7, Huh? I know a few people are going to be exctatic acout that one... Still no new singles, though.

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh man, that is so fricking awesome. I would have liked some more neck options as well too though. But this is great, I've always wanted an X2N (or even a D-Sonic), but all I have are 7s. Fuck with that X2N, I could get an Agile Interceptor 27" and tune to F# and it will sound good.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone here have any experience with the X2N? I'm really curious about it.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
^ I believe the X2N is the highest output pup Dimarzio makes...and it's blades instead of pole pieces. To hear an X2N in action, check out the band called Death (RIP Chuck Shuldiner).

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
OMFG! YES! YES!

I can't wait till the X2N7 comes out! I love my 6 string version. Hopefully it will be the same.

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
The D-Sonic is a cool pickup, I have one in my fretless. The X2N-7? Well, hopefully the magnetic field is less intense than the 6 version. For more X2N sounds check out Necrophagist.

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice. I've been wanting a 7 string version of the X2N for a long time now. I wonder if the D Sonic 7 has anything to do with Petrucci. I know he's been using the regular D Sonic in his 6s lately.

Digital Black

Reaction score
I just can't see the point of a lead guitar with a drop sonic in it. ( IMO JP's tone hasn't been right since he left Ibanez anyway-the Drop sonics may be the reason.)

I was really hoping for something new from Dimarizo in 7 string pup. I must say I'm disappointed with these choices.. :(

FoxMustang

Reaction score
Sephiroth000 said:
IMO JP's tone hasn't been right since he left Ibanez anyway-the Drop sonics may be the reason.
As far as I know, he's only started using them recently on tour (in his downtuned guitars).

giannifive

Occasional Poster
Contributor
Reaction score
Blah. The D-Sonic has the same tone curve as the Blaze Custom and roughly the same output. And the X2N? Isn't the Evo7 high-output enough at 420mV?

Personally, I was really hoping for a PAF Pro 7. Satriani has had something like this in his custom 7 for a while now, and it would fill a gaping hole in the 7-string pickup lineup.

So does this mean we still won't have any Alnico magnet 7-string pickups from Dimarzio?

')