Dimarzio has 2 new 7 pups for '06!

• Thread starter ecalcagnino
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
Elysian said:
i hate the blazes in my UV777BK... i can't wait for the x2n7 to be released, i'll probly be the first one on here to have one in my guitar hahaha... and i don't ever use the neck pickup, so my uv won't have one come next week when i get my new diamond plate pick guard...

That poor UV!!!! j/k, to each his own! I'd like to see a pic of that.

The one thing i love about the UV is it's glassy playability (courtese of Eric @ ericsguitars), which makes the neck pickup sound that much better. The blaze sounds very hot in the bridge, and by hot i don't mean necessarily output hot, but tons of gain and sizzle...i like it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bromden

Struggling.
Reaction score
I can't wait.

My only question is... how much work is involved in installing pickups? I've never done it myself.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
If you are continuing using the same kind of pickup ( such as passive ) then it's quite easy.

Take off the strings, unscrew pickup ring (or since there's no ring on the agiles you don't do that). Next unscrew pickup and back plate. De-solder the leads from the pickup.

Push leads from new pickup through the hole where the previous ones went, solder the leads like the guide says. (you can trim the leads before you solder if you want to, but I don't just because) Screw pickup to ring/you did this before. Screw pickup +/ ring back into guitar. Re-string guitar.

The only annoying thing is when you have actives, you have to replace the potentiometers also...and in the case of my flying V, since everythign was soldered to the required jack it comes with and weren't long enough, I had to completely redo everything in it so it took a while, a bit of pain but just doing the standard stuff is easy :D

Rayne Mann

Reaction score
Well, I'm totally getting an X2N-7... Anyways, I e-mailed DiMarzio and they said that they'll be released next month! \m/

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
You can get them from eric's guitars. I don't know if he has any in stock yet though. It'll probably be a while before bigger retailers get them in stock.

Iceblade

Reaction score
My understanding is that DiMarzio has NOT started mass production of them. The soonest that one of the biggest reps will have them is like mid-March or so from what I understand. Mike Z of www.mikes-music-shop.com has 12 on order and quite a few are already spoken for. You might want to email him and get on the list if you want one real bad.

Regs,
Jeff

maskofduality

Brandeis Sophomore
Reaction score
Iceblade said:
My understanding is that DiMarzio has NOT started mass production of them. The soonest that one of the biggest reps will have them is like mid-March or so from what I understand. Mike Z of www.mikes-music-shop.com has 12 on order and quite a few are already spoken for. You might want to email him and get on the list if you want one real bad.

Regs,
Jeff
i was under the impression that the x2n-7 and d-sonic-7 were supposed to come out mid-february (aka now)... :(

')