Dimarzio Injectors - new Paul Gilbert Sig pickups

• Thread starter Bloody_Inferno
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Is it me or does Paul Gilbert just seem like one of those cool guys you'd want to hang out with and have a few beers while shooting the shit?

geofreesun

Reaction score
i remember in some video he was saying he loved those single coils from an ibanez gio series guitar and asked ibanez to put some of those in his rg570 or something

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not normally into Strat/single coil bridge pickups, but I'm digging this :yesway:

Thanks for the post.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Single coils rock, I love them, but my only singles are soapbars atm (nothing wrong with that though). Single coils really keep you on your game, they are much less forgiving than humbuckers. And yes, I shred on my ASAT special :D (or what I can do that passes as shred).

maxoom

Scumbag of the Earth
Reaction score
the pickups sound good but the player is awful......................needs lessons

I wonder why he doesn`t use a neck version in the middle spot instead of the "area"?

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
the pickups sound good but the player is awful......................needs lessons

I wonder why he doesn`t use a neck version in the middle spot instead of the "area"?

ah...sarcasm, how I'd missed that.

He has an Area 67 in the middle because its a great position for it. Its a bit more trebly and lower output which works great for funky chording and for adding the "quack" to the notch positions.

Sorry if your question wasn't serious either, but figured an explanation could be useful regardless :D

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Actually I can take or leave the guitar but the pickups are of great interest - I wonder if I can snag a cheap squire strat to jam some into? :)

(Jaden Rose has already made a 6er with these in, wonder how that sounds by way of comparison?)

')