Dimarzio Ionizer...there's your 8 string single

• Thread starter TheOrangeChannel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheOrangeChannel

JonOrBattleship
Reaction score
I'm a fan of those bigger pole pieces on these, gravity storms, dominions etc. there's also a new 6 hb in there too...Steve Lukathe's Transition.

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
A h-s-s would be awesome for a 8 string, i may skip getting a 7 string just to do that.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
I was nagging Steve at NAMM about an 8-string single coil. I'm so glad these are out! Set coming my way, that's for sure! :D

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Damn, these come with sooo many color options! Even with rosewood bobbins. Now I need to convince DiMarzio to make me a D Activator 8 with those rosewood bobbins.

//EDIT: They updated the color options and they are now the exact same as for the DA8.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
If someone is good with a router and can make a pickguard, anyone up for an H-S-S Ibanez RG8? :D

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
These look like they have a similar EQ curve to the BKP Warpig, which was frontrunner for lace replacement in my Strandberg Boden. So yeah, I'll definately be picking these up this afternoon, will report back with findings soon!

EDIT: As soon as I find a place that actually sells them :lol:

obZenity

bwow-duh-da-dow
Reaction score
I walked into work today and my fellow 8 string coworker mentioned DiMarzio put out these new pickups. Apparently they're the ones in Tosin's new LACS RG. Anyone heard anything about these? I'm still pretty sold on the 808x's but this sparked my interest as I'm more of a passive pickup person.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
I care more about those humbuckers, someone has to make clips comparing them to the D Activators!

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I'm sorry my face just collapsed and I shat myself.

What was that?

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Oh shit they're on the website!

The PAFs aren't even up!!!

Fuck me, I'm getting an HSH 8 finally, I'm gunna UV the shit out of an unsuspecting 2228

Bridge just looks like a less trebly DA8 with a tiny bit less output :/

Interestingly it mentions Tosin by name in the blurb, I wonder if Misha's 'I've been talking to Steve Blucher about a pickup' will ever come to anything? He seems to be all BKP for now.

Reaction score
shitsøn;3302664 said:
Damn, these come with sooo many color options! Even with rosewood bobbins. Now I need to convince DiMarzio to make me a D Activator 8 with those rosewood bobbins.

//EDIT: They updated the color options and they are now the exact same as for the DA8.

ROSEWOOD bobbins on DA8's?

DO WANT.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
I care more about those humbuckers, someone has to make clips comparing them to the D Activators!

Will do, have DA8s in my Rico, and these fit exactly what I was looking for in the lighter, brighter Boden 8. Now, where the hell can I get some!

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Oh shit they're on the website!

The PAFs aren't even up!!!

Fuck me, I'm getting an HSH 8 finally, I'm gunna UV the shit out of an unsuspecting 2228

Bridge just looks like a less trebly DA8 with a tiny bit less output :/

Interestingly it mentions Tosin by name in the blurb, I wonder if Misha's 'I've been talking to Steve Blucher about a pickup' will ever come to anything? He seems to be all BKP for now.

Yeah just from looking at the specs its very similar to the DA8 so it must be Tosin's take/modifications on them.

You talking about the custom dimarzio set he has in his Rico?

')