Dimarzio N1 Blaze 7 string pickup

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go for it - if its from a UV then its a blaze neck and for $10 its a steal.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
N1 is a 7620 bridge pickup if i'm not mistaken. N2 is whats stamped on the back of the 7620 neck pickup i have in the shop. i would only buy it if it was going in a mahogany guitar though, it sounds of ass in basswood.

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
N1 is a 7620 bridge pickup if i'm not mistaken. N2 is whats stamped on the back of the 7620 neck pickup i have in the shop. i would only buy it if it was going in a mahogany guitar though, it sounds of ass in basswood.

B2 is stamped on the 7620 bridge pickup.

there's alot of things off in the sellers description. if this is an earlier version of the DP700, it would most likely have a brass baseplate as well. all the 7620 Dimarzios had brass baseplates also, which the one pictured in this auction doesn't.

scott from _actual time_

grumpy old man
Contributor
Reaction score
N1 is a 7620 bridge pickup if i'm not mistaken. N2 is whats stamped on the back of the 7620 neck pickup i have in the shop.

N1 is the OEM version of the original Blaze neck. B1 is the OEM Blaze bridge. i guess you could say it's an "earlier" design because they made the OEM ones for years to go in UVs before they started making the after-market model (but in my experience, they sound exactly the same).

as Edroz says, the older ones had the thin brass baseplate. this is a newer one, with the thicker phenolic resin baseplates like other DiMarzio 7s have nowadays.

as you and Edroz say, N2 and B2 are the Dimarzio "New 7" pickups that were stock in the 7620s.

')