Dimarzio Pickup suggestions

• Thread starter lttoler
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lttoler

Reaction score
I just bought a new Rg7321 and I want to go ahead and change out the pickups. I have never tried Dimarzio pickups but want to give them a whirl for this guitar, which is my first 7 string. I have read through about all the pickup reviews but still can't decide. My style various from heavy rock to clean arrpegios. I don't really play metal but I want a bridge pickup that can get me a nice metal tone if I need it. I also want my low string to be nice and clear and not muddy. What I basically want is a set that is well balanced so i can cover all areas. Does anyone have any suggestions???

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lttoler

Reaction score
What is the difference between the Blaze bridge and blaze neck in the bridge position?

lttoler

Reaction score
Can the Blaze neck in the bridge position create good clean and distorted lead tones when needed?

Seven

Contributor
Reaction score
I would suggest any of these combinations -
Neck Bridge
-PAF 7 / PAF 7
-Air Norton 7 / Tone Zone 7
-Blaze Neck / Blaze Bridge

These are the most popular choices usually; Paul Gilbert has used Tone Zone's for years, Vai's used the Blaze Pick-ups and Korn have used the PAF. It's worth checking out www.dimarzio.com for the descriptions and tone charts.

')