Dimarzio Pickups for Schecter

• Thread starter Duarte_costa
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Duarte_costa

Reaction score
Hi!

I have one Schecter Damien 7 with EMG pu's (707 and 81-7) but I don´t like the sound, is very "agressive" for me.
Well I was thinking about changing the pu's for Dimarzio but I do not know which to choose... I went to see the Cash Lab and LiquiFire but I'm not sure I'll have the sound you want... I want a sound for progressive metal/rock and shred.
If someone could help me, I would be grateful :bowdown:

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have a liquifire bridge and blaze neck coming this week for my omen extreme 7. I'll let you know my impressions when I get them in.

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
i have the blaze 7 set for my schecter omen and its very clear but also has a agresive feel to them. i play alot of melodic cords using mostly 3-4 fingers at the same time and it handels it amazingly, as well it gives you the hermonics you need and the chugg for that metal sound. its almost djent in a sence.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Crunchlab and D-Activator are the way to go... The two together create some of the most amazing tones i have ever heard... I'm speaking from six string experience of the pair, but 7 pickups aren't too different

Reaction score
Oops, yea sorry, i meant to say blaze bridge and liqifire neck. Should have it back by the middle of the week.

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
Crunchlab and D-Activator are the way to go... The two together create some of the most amazing tones i have ever heard... I'm speaking from six string experience of the pair, but 7 pickups aren't too different

In all honesty, 7-string pickups are a little different in comparison to normal 6's - especially in DiMarzio's case where they tend to not just make a 7-string version of a pickup by extending chassis, pole pieces, ect for a 7-string one. DiMarzio tends to start from scratch to make a 7-string pickup with specific windings different than the 6 model and all, which is why I love the DiMarzio's for a passive pickup.

To the OP, I use a set of D-Activators in one of my ESP 7's and I couldn't be happier with them. If I wasn't using the D-Activator's, I'd be using a Tone Zone 7 for the bridge and most likely an Air Norton 7 for the neck. Also since you'll be looking to swap the actives for passives, be sure to stop by "Frets on the Net". Dave has all the stuff you'll need to get the passives in with little to no effort at all... Here's the link to what you'll need for the swap:

Pickup Rings

Good luck!!!

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
If you want OMFWTFBBQ Balls out %&$king metal, X2N is the way to go. Otherwise, D-Activators. The Blaze series is pretty nice too. I'm partial to Tone Zone in bridge and Air Norton in neck set up. It hasn't treated me wrong.
And now you can use the battery box for holding picks :D

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Hi!

I have one Schecter Damien 7 with EMG pu's (707 and 81-7) but I don´t like the sound, is very "agressive" for me.
Well I was thinking about changing the pu's for Dimarzio but I do not know which to choose... I went to see the Cash Lab and LiquiFire but I'm not sure I'll have the sound you want... I want a sound for progressive metal/rock and shred.

Thanks!
and if you need to get rid of the EMGs :D and try seymour duncan 7 string pups i find dimarzio to be sorta tinny

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
and if you need to get rid of the EMGs :D and try seymour duncan 7 string pups i find dimarzio to be sorta tinny

DiMarzios definitely have their own voice, but that's what makes them for some people. Personally, I never really like Seymour Duncan pickups.

Asterix

Reaction score
Crunch Lab in the Bridge and Liquidfire in the neck FTW!
I don't know if you are a big fan of Born of Osiris or not but that's what they are using on their new album and its sounds great. As soon as I get some more money im going to get my hands on some as well!
:shred:

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Just remember....there is no ground to the bridge on the Schecters with EMGs. So u need to be crafty to make that work. I still need to ground my JP combo

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
Edit... after looking up the specs of that guitar, I'd say Dactivators might do the trick... D-Sonic is also a good option IMO.

crystalmt

Reaction score
Hi!

Thanks!

I use a crunchlab 7 in the bridge and I am happy with it. It has a really punchy, tight sound, good for riffs. Higher notes still have a lot of cut but without being screechy and shrill like the EMG 81.

Latest posts

')