DiMarzio Titan - Looks like it's Periphery week in the pickup world.

• Thread starter Whammy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Whammy

Reaction score
First Misha's BKP Juggernaut and now Jake Bowen's DiMarzio Titan.
Busy week!

Titan Bridge
Titan Neck

DP259_Titan_Bridge_Web_Temp_0.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Jake Bowen is one of the new generation of guitarists on the cutting edge of progressive rock, and the Titan™ Neck and Bridge Model pickups were developed for his new signature guitar by Ibanez. Jake's bridge pickup is crucial to his sound. It needs to be dynamic, fast, and very tight, and it’s at home with both standard and dropped tunings.

mother-of-god.jpg

Goddamn, first the Illuminator, now this... It's gonna be hard picking a new pickup.

Whammy

Reaction score
Don't know how I missed the "new signature guitar by Ibanez" part :scratch:

So is this a 6 or 7 string guitar? The pickup seems only to be for 6-string (for the moment anyways).

isispelican

Reaction score
wow is jake getting a signature ibanez? if so congrats to him and note to self - start saving money

Khaerruhl

Reaction score
Wow... A lot of new stuff it seems! BKP Juggernaut, Dimarzio Titan, and a Jake Bowen Ibanez Signature??? If it is the one Ibanez you see at his Dimarzio players page, then I think this could be real yummy!

Reaction score
Funny, it looks like the Titan 6 string is more of the "equivalent" to the Illuminator 7 than the Illuminator 6 is. :scratch:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Considering his LACS is based on the RGA, then once a sig emerges, this may bring the RGAs back to the spotlight and more new production models. :woohoo:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Also, this pickup would be perfect for that new gold John 5 Tele.

Good god, now I have to get one. :rofl:

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
For a while I've been keeping up with all the different Dimarzios, I've personally tested most of their high and medium outputs. But now there's CrunchLab, Dominion, Transition, Titan, Gravity Storms, and more...I just give up! Too much marketing hype that I fall for.

I'll just stick with D-Activators and SuperDistortion/PAF Pro.

Though deep down, I want these badly.

Joh

phantom of the net
Reaction score
Let's all just wait to here from Jake or Ibanez officially. I think you'll be pretty pleased with the announcement. :cool:

Tommy

Terribly Unlucky
Reaction score
So now we have a choice between Misha's "Jugs" or Jake's "Tits". :lol:

Seriously though, I wanna hear more about these.

lawizeg

Reaction score
If the RGA series comes back....I will die. I already want basically every RGA(220, 420, 321, more 121s...) :lol:

I'm close to dead with these pickups and the Jake sig...can't wait to see it. This took me by surprise! I was kind of disappointed by the Juggernaut, at least the bridge pickup.

Been a really sweet day for sure.

EDIT: I think the sig will be closer to his previous LACS, which he called the JB1 in his NGD thread(http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/133254-ngd-ibanez-lacs-rga7-jb1.html). It's pretty close to the TITAN, but a lighter grey finish and obviously no camo pickups, but that's something that one can add for the full look I guess.
What I REALLY want is for it to be a Prestige and not a premium.
RGA7_JB1001.jpg

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
This pickup set sounds like....more money coming out of my account. It's cool to see some more modern pickups appear on the market, for sure. I'm definitely interested in A/B'ing these against the Juggernauts.

Also, the rosewood option that showed up and then disappeared off the JP Illuminators seems to have resurfaced on these ones...I wonder if this was the pickup they were originally meant to be for.

And +1 for RGAs. Now if only they'd bring a Prestige version back in Wet Rose...

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The Rosewood thing happened with previous pickup releases. I believe it came up for the Ionizers and the Transitions, but they also disappeared.

EDIT: I think the sig will be closer to his previous LACS, which he called the JB1 in his NGD thread(http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/133254-ngd-ibanez-lacs-rga7-jb1.html). It's pretty close to the TITAN, but a lighter grey finish and obviously no camo pickups, but that's something that one can add for the full look I guess.

This is probably true. If you see the DiMarzio promo pic, you see a grey guitar.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
And if Jake's getting a sig Ibanez, I'd reckon Misha's about to get a sig Jackson. And I'd buy both! Not even a huge periphery fan...those are just damn nice specs.

What DiMarzios is Jake usually using? /i.e., what are these likely closest to?

')