DiMarzio ToneZone 7 (on a Ibanez RG7321)

• Thread starter Dash
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dash

Reaction score
So yea, I'm going to buy my first 7-string, and here in The Netherlands I don't have a lot of choice unless I'm shipping from Germany.

Anyways I kind of have a "small" budget since I also want to purchase a Pod X3 (Live).

I have two choices:

- Schecter Omen 7 NEW (250 euros)
- Ibanez RG7321 with the DiMarzio ToneZone 7 on bridge (250 euros)

This might be a weird question but what should I do? I'm planning on playing mostly tech metal and eventually djent. Is the ToneZone 7 good for this?

Thanks. :agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
The 7321 is a better guitar to me. Sell that Tone Zone 7 and get a pickup you like :) (it's a bit of a muddy pickup IMO)

Dash

Reaction score
The 7321 is a better guitar to me. Sell that Tone Zone 7 and get a pickup you like :) (it's a bit of a muddy pickup IMO)

Hmm ok, I thought it was very clear from what I read. Thanks. I'm also not a fan of the sterile sounding Bareknuckle pickups. They are cool for djent I guess but I like a bit more natural sound.

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
IMHO, I would go with the Ibanez over the Schecter. Not only does the Ibanez have a thinner, better feeling neck, but it's got a better pickup in it stock in comparison.

I've used the ToneZone in several Ibanez 7's including an RG, an S7420 and a UV7BK. The Tone Zone IS very clear and clean for any style you'll play on it. I personally think that the DiMarzio 7-string pickups sound better in Ibanez's 7-strings than most other guitars and most other pickups in comparison. And think of it this way, that Tone Zone is a hell of a lot better than the stock Ibanez pickup that was in it...

Dash

Reaction score
IMHO, I would go with the Ibanez over the Schecter. Not only does the Ibanez have a thinner, better feeling neck, but it's got a better pickup in it stock in comparison.

I've used the ToneZone in several Ibanez 7's including an RG, an S7420 and a UV7BK. The Tone Zone IS very clear and clean for any style you'll play on it. I personally think that the DiMarzio 7-string pickups sound better in Ibanez's 7-strings than most other guitars and most other pickups in comparison. And think of it this way, that Tone Zone is a hell of a lot better than the stock Ibanez pickup that was in it...

Yup, true. I will go with the Ibanez RG7321. Thanks.

')