Dimarzion D-Sonic 7 and X2N 7 AVAILABLE

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
j7899 said:
Thanks for the post, I just ordered one of each now to sell my SD JB, and SD 59, obviously both seven string versions. I plan on putting the X2N-7 in the bridge and the D-Sonic-7 in the neck, should be interesting.

Should definitely be interesting. We'll want sound clips ;)

I'm debating if I want to wait for my locking tuners before installing the pickups (tuners should ship monday) and do everything at once.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dysfctn

Reaction score
technomancer said:
banjomikez on ebay has both pickups available in black now. I used to live in Harrisburg and have dealt with this guy for years, as I used to go into his shop all the time. I just ordered a D-Sonic for the bridge of my 7321 :)

His ebay store is here for anyone interested:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZbanjomikez

Probably a bit late - but I think Mike is absolutely friggen awesome! I've ordered a number of pickups from this guy (including the green ones in my modded RG) and the speed at which the goods have been delivered to me has been nothing short of incredible! (Try paying for the goods Monday morning and having the pickups in your hands Wednesday afternoon!!! - I'm in Austrlia remember!!!! - That's fucking awesome!)

Back on topic - I've just listed the EMG707 I bought (from mike actually) on ebay and am gonna buy an X2N instead! :shred: I remember the 6 string version was just brutal! And atleast I won't need to route my baby!

Anyone know if they're gonna make them available in flouro green?

VOL

Reaction score
Sorry, why does the D-Sonic 7 not show on dimarzio.com?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
VOL said:
Sorry, why does the D-Sonic 7 not show on dimarzio.com?

Because the D-Sonic 7 and X2N 7 are brand new pickups that have just been released. They were announced at NAMM this year and are not widely available yet. I'm betting they'll be up on the website once production is up on them and they're not almost impossible to find (Mike's Music, aka banjomikez on ebay, is the only place in the US that has shipped any of them to customers, to my knowledge).

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
dysfctn said:
Anyone know if they're gonna make them available in flouro green?
Supposedly they're black-only :(

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
D-EJ915 said:
Supposedly they're black-only :(

I'd guess that that is only temporary until they get production caught up... I suspect they had much higher initial demand than they anticipated. Unfortunately if they hold true to form for most of the 7 string pickups they'll only be available in black, cream, and black/cream even then :rant:

Akrin

5/4 > most
Reaction score
technomancer said:
I'd guess that that is only temporary until they get production caught up... I suspect they had much higher initial demand than they anticipated. Unfortunately if they hold true to form for most of the 7 string pickups they'll only be available in black, cream, and black/cream even then :rant:

Hopefully either Vai starts using them, or JP goes back to using colored pickups, so we can get other colors. :lol:

')