Dime core

• Thread starter Zamm Bell
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
I am a huge Dime/Pantera fan, but I play my own way/style. Dime Douches are quite comical. the tone chasing is ridiculous too. I think its dumb when someone wants to 100% copy/mimic anyone's playing. how fun can it be to limit your creativity based on what someone else has already accomplished?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cyntex

love & peace!
Reaction score
Hm I never heard a band that sounded like Pantera, closest thing I can come up with is with some Lamb of God song. I do agree he's (dimebag) a big influence though. Hell, listened to a lot of pantera myself. Also, I don't think Dimecore is insulting, Dimebag was pretty hardcore himself along with the rest of the band.

On a sidenote even though Phil's an asshat, he did some amazing work imo.

GoreNotCore

Reaction score
Oops. Anyway, don't know how much reason there is to respond to this personal attack since you're banned, but the internet is serious business and all, right?

well first of all im not banned, and second i apologize for attacking you. i thought you were a scene kid judging by the way you were defending metalcore and sisters pants. sorry dude you could have told me you arent one of them. dude you dont even wear nut crunchers why did you get offended?

Anyway...i think every famous musician is going to be copied by somebody. even famous wannabe musicians like the jonas brothers have millions of 12 year olds copying them. look at how many people copy fucking insane clown posse and they arent even musicians but people paint their faces like them and kill each other. so dime just happens to be the one who is in the best mix of heavy and mainstream that appeals to alot of people at least all they do is try to play guitar. any when they get the dime tone and can play every pantera song then they will grow up and move on eventually. or be in a pantera cover band until theyre 50. either way i dont care.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
well first of all im not banned, and second i apologize for attacking you. i thought you were a scene kid judging by the way you were defending metalcore and sisters pants. sorry dude you could have told me you arent one of them.

You came off of a ban to necrobump?

Joeywilson

Banned
Reaction score
well first of all im not banned, and second i apologize for attacking you. i thought you were a scene kid judging by the way you were defending metalcore and sisters pants. sorry dude you could have told me you arent one of them. dude you dont even wear nut crunchers why did you get offended?

Anyway...i think every famous musician is going to be copied by somebody. even famous wannabe musicians like the jonas brothers have millions of 12 year olds copying them. look at how many people copy fucking insane clown posse and they arent even musicians but people paint their faces like them and kill each other. so dime just happens to be the one who is in the best mix of heavy and mainstream that appeals to alot of people at least all they do is try to play guitar. any when they get the dime tone and can play every pantera song then they will grow up and move on eventually. or be in a pantera cover band until theyre 50. either way i dont care.

god, you're an idiot.

I'm seriously just gonna leave it at that.

drgordonfreeman

On vacation
Reaction score
Yeah, until you guys move to the D/FW area and hear the literally hundred or so Pantera ripoff bands, you have nothing to bitch about.

Dude, you live in Arlington. That's the epicenter of all of it. I can't even imagine what you have to put up with over there. I'm in Dallas, and the presence is still too prevalent over here for me.

FACTORY

Manufacture
Reaction score
I'm a Dime fan, I loved Dime's old Washburn guitars, have owned a few (including 2 Custom Shop Washy Dimes) but I agree with ridner. There are far to many Dime sheep kids that spend all their spare time and money looking for Dime's exact tone thru every old Randall amp & rack unit Dime ever used, not to mention buying every over priced import and USA Dean Dime guitar that comes out on the market hoping it will make them play & sound as good as the man. I'm a huge fan of Dime, he was a great guitar player and I refuse to let all the "Dime sheep" "Dimecore" kids (and adults lol) ruin PanterA or Darrell's playing for me.

I feel the way most of you do, its cool to incorporate someones style into your playing but to completely try to copy one certain style is both ridiculous and will hold any musician back from truly being as creative as they can be.

On a side note, don't let some of the comments in this thread discourage you from continuing to playing or even start playing PanterA covers in your band from time to time, if that's what you want to do. PanterA was bad ass and I can respect any one who can pull off PanterA covers as good as the Real deal. If any one doesn't like it then that's not your problem. ;)

')