Dimmu Borgir Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
idk it seems like they have completely slipped into COF territory with the newest album and especially this vid lol. loved Puritanical Euprhoric Misanthropia all the way to Stormblast MMK (haha a whole three albums). The earlier stuff was good, not great not refined enough imo, and the newest stuff seems like they've gotten lazy

Necky379

Reaction score
requesting permission to bash a band in an appreciation thread. :fawk:

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
Dimmu Borgir is Black Metal (Symphonic) as is Emperor.
Death metal would be bands like Deicide, Cannibal Corpse and yeah Death, :)

Damn typo's, I knew that. My bad.

I actually really like death metal, what I meant to say is I'm not into black metal as much :lol:

Abhorred

Reaction score
idk it seems like they have completely slipped into COF territory with the newest album and especially this vid lol. loved Puritanical Euprhoric Misanthropia all the way to Stormblast MMK (haha a whole three albums). The earlier stuff was good, not great not refined enough imo, and the newest stuff seems like they've gotten lazy

In their defense, the video posted was intended to make reference to, uh, lesser production values, shall we say.

From the official video description:

"The overall look of the video is a bow to the legendary, unique style of Roger Corman, especially his adaptation of The Masque of The Red Death, featuring the unforgettable Vincent Price. Home : Hammer

This lifts the clip to an additional meta-level: The mockery of using an early 60's technique to visualize "The Sacrilegious Scorn" for a present day audience."

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I can't really get into "In Sorte Diaboli" as much as I did when say, Death Cult Armaggedon or Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia came out. I mean, PEM was my first introduction to them so I don't think anything can top that, but still there's just a different kind of vibe to it.

Same goes for the videos, they've changed. The video for Progenies of The Great Apocalypse is the fucking bees knees (as is the song) but then the video for the Serpentine Offering is just like "what did I just watch"?

goalie39

Reaction score
Im not really a major black metal fan, but Dimmu Borgir is one of my favorite bands. The orchestral stuff is my favorite thing about Dimmu. Its amazing how not only can they really write some heavy shit but they compose all of the Orchestral stuff that goes behind it.

')