Dingwall 2024

• Thread starter Asgard222
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, the D-Roc/Birds are an acquired taste, and definitely takes some acquiring.

If I had gotten one first, I'm not sure if I'd have gotten on the Dingwall train.

I will say the 4-string "just works", the proportions just lead to a more workable bass for that shape. But who buys Dingers for 4s?

Makes sense, Max. I figured that it was a gamble going after the roc instead of just forking over the dough for an NG, but I'll try one eventually. It's clear dingwall makes good stuff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yanlin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Any speculations on where the new sig basses will be made?

Maybe made in canada for Umansky, and China for ayumu, since they’re based on the z and combustion, respectively?

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Well afaik the NG-3's are Chinese, so if Nolly can't get a Canadian mass-produced model, I'm gonna guess Umansky ain't getting one.

I vote crafted in china on all the above.

Chanson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Jacob said the signature is an important at one point in his social media.

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
IMG_6020.jpeg

from a local dealer . Wonder how much , I’m gonna say 250-300$ CAD minimum . With so much competition with other companies and how common multiscale instruments are , I’d be hard pressed to pay more for a Dingwall based off my poor experience with China - Canada QC . Would happily pay whatever for a Korean - Canada version .

Wonder if updating the bridge was a significant factor or not , as the old version was more than fine . Also curious if this applies to just production models or the custom shop Canada models , because it seems better to just pay the extra amount and get an ABZ model for not a whole lot more and not have to worry if you’ll get improperly sanded fretboards , finish issues , or lopsided pick guards lol

Merrekof

Reaction score
Dingwall owners: what is the comfort level like playing sitting down? Eyeballing both a D-Roc 5 and an NG3. Leaning more toward the D-Roc for now, knowing that if I love it so much that I just NEED to get a 2 octave 6-string, I can always get an NG later. Sticker shock isn't as bad on the D-Roc since I can get one under 2k which is the # that my sensible side is telling me not to exceed.
I have a Combustion V, AFAIK the same shape as an NG3, and they're very comfortable. I only play sitting down and I have no complaints about it. The bass is balanced very well.

Can't comment about the D-roc

Latest posts

')