Dino Cazares Guitars

• Thread starter Kubs
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
Surprised he broke out a 6 strings. I guess finding his old ESP made him wanna go back lol
I have noticed a bit of a trend with players going back to their roots a bit, this doesn't mean Les Pauls and Strats. But noticing more people scooping up 80's and 90's Ibanez, Jackson and ESP. Crackle has had a bit of a resurgence.

bmtf

Hammer time
Reaction score
I have noticed a bit of a trend with players going back to their roots a bit, this doesn't mean Les Pauls and Strats. But noticing more people scooping up 80's and 90's Ibanez...
Don't get tired of 7s but my first real Ibby was an 81 Iceman. Easiest roots to go back to if I ever do, except I sold the guitar...😭

Dekay82

I WANT the fret nibs
Reaction score
I still think Steph's guitars are the best damn paint jobs.

He soooo burnt tho lmao

View attachment 118397
I love Steph and his guitars, but when I think of the phrase “Flat Earth” coming from somebody unironically, that’s the exact image I associate with them forever.

Last edited:

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not sure if my intel is right, did Dino tune to G standard for Acres of Skin? And if so, was there a dedicated guitar for that?

I see videos of him playing some kind of RGD but I can't tell if it's his sig or a LACS or what.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Dino can do whatever the hell he wants because he wrote and played Zero Signal and SoaNM rips

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
Not sure if my intel is right, did Dino tune to G standard for Acres of Skin? And if so, was there a dedicated guitar for that?

I see videos of him playing some kind of RGD but I can't tell if it's his sig or a LACS or what.
During the making of Digimortal Ibanez gave Dino one of their XL series baritones to use for G standard tuning I think Dark bodies is tuned to G as well.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Invisible Wounds.

Also his sig was based on the RGD but he also got several customs based on the shape before and after. His last LACS before switching to Ormbsy was a hardtail RGD, one of the few hardtail Ibbys he had.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Invisible Wounds.

Also his sig was based on the RGD but he also got several customs based on the shape before and after. His last LACS before switching to Ormbsy was a hardtail RGD, one of the few hardtail Ibbys he had.
Wasn't that a drop G song played on the red RG from back then?

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thank you for the insights everyone!

I was learning/playing along one night to Acres and realized A standard isn't right for the natural harmonics and then there is a low G. I had no idea lol

Higgs

Reaction score
Here's another rare one with a flat mount Wilkinson fixed bridge that AFAIK he only used in studio for Obsolete. The first two pics are from that portion of the Digital Connectivity DVD.

Attachments

• Dino1.jpg
    Dino1.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Dino2.jpg
    Dino2.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 47
  • Dino Karrang! full-size.jpg
    Dino Karrang! full-size.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Latest posts