Dino Cazares @ Namm!

• Thread starter Bentaycanada
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
He always sounds killer.

This video made me think that maybe I need to start exploring the modded Marshall models on my Axe-FX II more. I think his profile is based on a custom Fortin amp he had made. I typically pick 5150s, Rectos, etc.... maybe I need to dial in the Camerons, Friedmans, and Splawns more.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Dude is a machine. He's like Michael Romeo where their style is just second nature to them.

Odd way of holding a guitar but it works for him.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
He always sounds killer.

This video made me think that maybe I need to start exploring the modded Marshall models on my Axe-FX II more. I think his profile is based on a custom Fortin amp he had made. I typically pick 5150s, Rectos, etc.... maybe I need to dial in the Camerons, Friedmans, and Splawns more.

Dial in a Cameron Atomica model on the axe properly with the bright switch engage, and it can sound shockingly close to Demanufacture.

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
Odd way of holding a guitar but it works for him.
He used to play with the guitar resting on his right thigh but since he's gained weight, he can't play that way anymore. I guess he's not comfortable having it in the classical style, in-between his legs. I'm the opposite way. I can't play with the guitar on my right thigh at all.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Ah I never would of thought it was because of his body. Looks uncomfortable but it doesn’t seem to restrict his playing in any way.

TheArsonistsDaughter

Reaction score
He always sounds killer.

Same. I used to use the CAE 3+ quite a bit but gravitated back to the Recto Red sound. I think Wes Hauch used one of the Cameron models when he was in The Faceless for 4 min.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Yep Cameron Atomica in the Axe is tigght but huge sounding. I usually do the 5150III, 5150II, and the Cameron and usually always go back to the Atomica.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yep Cameron Atomica in the Axe is tigght but huge sounding. I usually do the 5150III, 5150II, and the Cameron and usually always go back to the Atomica.

I was always told the CCV was the most aggressive Cameron in the Axe, but I preferred the Atomica much more. Throw in a boost in front and it's ungodly brutal.

Shask

Reaction score
I was always told the CCV was the most aggressive Cameron in the Axe, but I preferred the Atomica much more. Throw in a boost in front and it's ungodly brutal.
I made a pretty good preset today with the Atomica. Bright on. I used a boost at first, but then kind of liked it better with the drive boost bypassed, and the boost in the amp block turned on instead. Nice tight modern Marshall type sound.

I have messed with the CCV models, but always get lost since there are like 6 of them. Never found anything I stuck with.

cyb

Tune Low Play Slow
Reaction score
Yes, there is no way I could sit and play without a strap like that, lol.

It's a fat guy thing. When I used to be 400lbs I held my guitar like that too haha.

PRS_Baritone_Vito

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was super impressed with his tone at the NAMM performance. His Kemper tone along with his new Machete signature Seymour Duncan pickup was so damn clear and precise sounding. Dino is the man.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Dino seems like the kind of guy that would give you his Kemper profile if you bought him a couple beers after a show. Anyone wanna give that idea a try?

As a former chungus, can confirm his playing position. With the guitar on your right thigh your belly gets in the way half way up the fretboard. So you angle your guitar outwards more and more until you're playing sideways and say screw it and just lift it up out of the way like that. Sitting classical I always found that I had to hunch over a little too much too. There's a certain balance to it only heavier people will understand. But if I was performing at NAMM i'd prob wear a strap. :lol: I've since lost all that weight but I still play like that and actually make more mistakes playing in a more traditional position. Then again I play Strandbergs in that position but on my left thigh so maybe it's a me thing...

')