Dino's Upcoming LACS

• Thread starter vampiregenocide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
As guitars with graphics on go, I think its one of the nicer ones. It is his custom guitar so not everyones going to like it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm saying. It's kind of lame that he was probably given the choice between getting to make a kickass 7 string sig which a load of his fans would buy but instead decided to not bother and just go for one for himself. Hardly as if players who have sig models are forbidden entirely from playing other guitars or ordering customs. Maybe I'm a bit of a cock in feeling that way but eh, thats just me. Not that I intend to offend anyone with that opinion (which it seems I have done :lol:).

My point basically is that it would just be nice to see this as a production sig model so we 7 stringers have a greater choice of guitars that aren't just poorly made, orgies of black with EMG's. :agreed:

What I said was actually the opposite of what you said. And I don't think you offended anyone (it's a discussion about someone else's guitar after all) but I think that most disagree with your logic. I personally do, as well. I know if I had my choice I'd say, "build me the exact guitar I want, just for me" and let my fans figure out their own guitars, rather than just give Ibanez another sig model to push.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wait... :scratch:

Rick... isn't a big fan of that guitar.
:spock:

Of a guitar that belongs to Dino.
:spock:
Dino Cazares.
:eek:

DINO CAZARES

Noooooooooooooo :scream: oooooooooooooo

You can't count on anyone these days :(

:rofl:

:wub:

I may worship the ground he works on but I can't agree with everything. :lol:

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
He did have the option of a sig, but it was a fairly long time ago. He chose to have near endless (not just one single guitar) access to the Ibanez LACS, which makes some incredible instruments. When it comes to Ibanez, when you have a sig, you pretty much have to use it when playing live. Every now and then you can use one with slight differences, but that's usually only "allowed" with long-time, high standing artists like Satch or Vai.

It's funny how you say:

That describes the lion's share of guitars he's had LACS make for him, and in all likeliness would be exactly what his sig would be. Besides, it's not 1999 anymore. There are a great deal of well made, not black, passive equipped 7-string guitars.

Are there that many? IBZ is doing some pretty nice paint jobs on their RGA's but ESP et c still seem to go almost entirely with EMG's and black (or white on the odd schecter).

And I suppose you're quite right. I was really just rallying against a lack of choice; Dino's guitar suits his style and it makes sense that he should have a LACS which caters to what he actually plays on a daily basis. Riffage to the maxxx:bowdown:

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
What I said was actually the opposite of what you said. And I don't think you offended anyone (it's a discussion about someone else's guitar after all) but I think that most disagree with your logic. I personally do, as well. I know if I had my choice I'd say, "build me the exact guitar I want, just for me" and let my fans figure out their own guitars, rather than just give Ibanez another sig model to push.

Yeah I'm starting to realize I probably sounded like a total tool with what I said. I just think it's cool when guitarists create a great instrument, leaving a corporeal legacy which extends beyond merely their recorded music. I guess that obviously isn't for everyone, and there are those musicians who would rather just have exactly what they want down to the finest detail and not bother about what a select few fans may or may not want.

Has he put out anything recently with Divine Heresy or any of his other projects (Brujeria was one wasn't it?) or is it just Mechanize with FF which he's put out recently?

blister7321

Reaction score

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Yeah I'm starting to realize I probably sounded like a total tool with what I said. I just think it's cool when guitarists create a great instrument, leaving a corporeal legacy which extends beyond merely their recorded music. I guess that obviously isn't for everyone, and there are those musicians who would rather just have exactly what they want down to the finest detail and not bother about what a select few fans may or may not want.

Well, the thing is, when signature guitars are released by most companies, they're not full on, high end guitars. Most are released as mid-level guitars at most. So, usually, you'll have bunch of promo pics with the artist holding them and maybe they'll use them for a few shows but then they'll almost always go back to using other, higher end instruments and you'll end up with a sig guitar out there that's fairly neutered.

Bobo

Reaction score
Although he may only want to play it for one band, it matches that band perfectly. That thing's wicked.

[QUOTEYAY GUITARS and the people who play them!!!!][/QUOTE]

Yes. But not holding hands or kumbaya hehe.

Steve08

Reaction score
Do reverse headstocks affect the tension at all? I've always found that the reverses I've played (and did play for about 6 years straight) had a different feel about them that I liked... I may just be entirely imagining that though.
I've heard that a reverse headstock will actually make your lower strings feel floppier/easier to bend actually. Never understand why all these 7 strings had reverse headstocks anyway, they look silly and are kind of redundant when it comes to efficiency.

More on this here: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/extended-range-guitars/10364-reverse-headstock-misconception.html

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
I can't see it properly. Moar pictures?

I'm normally a fan of his guitars, never his music though :lol: Funny how these things work.

OBSERVER

Reaction score
I downloaded this in February. No idea how long it was around before that.

That red 8-string has been in his possession for a while by now.

Attachments

• Redux.jpg
    Redux.jpg
    716 KB · Views: 256
  • Dino 8, ebony fingerboard.jpg
    Dino 8, ebony fingerboard.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 403

IDLE

Reaction score
Wow, Hetfield looks a bit jet-lagged.

Sebastian

Reaction score
I downloaded this in February. No idea how long it was around before that.

That red 8-string has been in his possession for a while by now.

I really like the Camo :yesway: ... but without that inlays...

Latest posts

')