Dino's Upcoming LACS

• Thread starter vampiregenocide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Posted from this facebook. :hbang:

35431_1323159882058_1322686813_30781414_4086986_n.jpg

Looks really awesome, wish it was a sig though!

And heres a pic of Hetfield jamming on Dino's 7s.

28520_1278171197369_1322686813_30677321_5233733_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow! A single pickup, mostly black guitar! Dino is REALLY going out on a limb with this one!

I kid I kid :wub: :)

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I think it has a neck pickup if you look carefully, kinda hard to see.

Corwin

Reaction score
If you zoom in you can see the bridge pickup somehow.

Actually I dislike the painting..a whole black body with a clean fretboard would be kickass!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't see any pickups actually maybe I'm just nuts.

I think there's the outline of an EMG style housing where the bridge pickup would be, but now that you mention it, maybe it's just my mind playing tricks after seeing all his other LACS.

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
Ugh... As it's a LACS guitar (and solely for him) I guess that's kind of cool. I don't understand why he wouldn't have rather put out a sig guitar that was a musician's instrument (if you get what I mean) rather than just an annoying ego-trip suited to playing only his style. That's why I like really like the JP models and the Loomis models (as well as a variety of other 6-string sigs) as they are just damned good and versatile guitars. I really hate signature guitars that are entirely one-dimensional and for fanbois...

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
That looks bad the fuck ass!... they really need to make this his sig model and offer it as a production model, if that were to happen then I'd be all over it.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Ugh... As it's a LACS guitar (and solely for him) I guess that's kind of cool. I don't understand why he wouldn't have rather put out a sig guitar that was a musician's instrument (if you get what I mean) rather than just an annoying ego-trip suited to playing only his style. That's why I like really like the JP models and the Loomis models (as well as a variety of other 6-string sigs) as they are just damned good and versatile guitars. I really hate signature guitars that are entirely one-dimensional and for fanbois...

I don't get why you think it is an ego trip, and a signature guitar is supposed to be advertising the player as much as anything else.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder if he's going back to 7s completely or if he just feels that he needs to stick to them for his playing in Fear Factory. Actually, now that I think of it, was the new album done on 7s?

Ummm... it's HIS guitar. I'm sure he's more concerned about having the guitar HE wants as opposed to Ibanez being able to release a production sig guitar for a bunch of his fans to buy.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think there's the outline of an EMG style housing where the bridge pickup would be, but now that you mention it, maybe it's just my mind playing tricks after seeing all his other LACS.

When you zoom it to normal size you can see the outline of the bridge EMG-sized housing :2c:

I think it's pretty cool, but it's just like every other LACS 7 he's had with a different (and really cool) paint job :shrug:

Steve08

Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder if he's going back to 7s completely or if he just feels that he needs to stick to them for his playing in Fear Factory. Actually, now that I think of it, was the new album done on 7s?
Mostly 7 strings in B standard as far as I know (as opposed to A on Obsolete), he most assuredly has an 8 string for the djents in the intro of Mechanize though.

')