Distressed_romeo: Tuning whore, sorceror, and now Schecter owner...

Atomic_gerbil

Reaction score
Well think about it this way, say you got a brand new J custom in a forum of Ibanez haters and schecter users and one always had to say something about how they suck, its not really fair. Fortunately we schecter users tend to be kind and cuddly. :rofl:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
The whining about Schecter necks is overblown. It's not as thin as an Ibby but its nowhere near a baseball bat. The necks on my Loomis and Blackjack very comfy indeed.

I'm also shocked how much I like the 707s in my Loomis.

I really want to play a Loomis. After Dave had tried one he called me to tell me how much he dug it, so I guess it must be good! :D I picked up a Hellraiser the other day at Guitar Center and had almost forgotten how big the necks were (short fingers FTL! :squint: ) but if the Loomis is a little thinner but not quite Ibanez thin I might have to try one out. :) I'm curious how the neck on that compares to my 727 as that is now my gold standard for necks! :wub: The look of the Loomis is pretty darn badass and it seems like 707's can sound good in certain guitars. :agreed:

1. Of course you agree. I'm smart like that. :lol:

2. Blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. :D

:wub:

:rofl:

P.S. Is the Loomis the reason you couldn't grab the 1527? :scratch: I'd say you made a better choice with the Loomis! :D

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
FYI the Loomis neck is a bit less rounded in back and a hair thinner than the Blackjack IMO. I haven't measured them.

The 1527 was a kind of want it purchase. I got gear lust for the Loomis. I played it for 5 minutes and was in love. It's a stellar guitar for the price.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Matt I go back and forth between my Loomis and my Carvin constantly.
The neck shapes are very similar, if Carvin put out a 26.5 scale 727 it
would be hard to tell them apart.
The Loomis neck is a tad wider from B to B string but I don't think it's
much (if any) thicker than the neck on my Carvin.
If you like the Carvin 7 string necks you'll take to the Loomis right away.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Well think about it this way, say you got a brand new J custom in a forum of Ibanez haters and schecter users and one always had to say something about how they suck, its not really fair. Fortunately we schecter users tend to be kind and cuddly. :rofl:

It's hardly unfair. You're painting the forum like its full of Ibanez lovers and Schecter haters, when in actual fact I've seen much more "I love Schecter! <3" posts than any others lately. :shrug:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
who hates stitch now? i dont hate stitch.. shawn does sexual favours for stitch.. his dislike of schecter seems to me more of a joke then anything else. everyone has their preference.

my game plan is, one of each. once i get used to the thought of an FR... S7320 for me!

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
who hates stitch now? i dont hate stitch.. shawn does sexual favours for stitch.. his dislike of schecter seems to me more of a joke then anything else. everyone has their preference.

my game plan is, one of each. once i get used to the thought of an FR... S7320 for me!

C7FR? C7 Hellraiser FR? Loomis? ;p

Atomic_gerbil

Reaction score
It's hardly unfair. You're painting the forum like its full of Ibanez lovers and Schecter haters, when in actual fact I've seen much more "I love Schecter! <3" posts than any others lately. :shrug:

On the contrary, every thread I have made helping me make my decision on my first 7 always had something about "Schecters are trees with strings on them" or the ever so popular "baseball bat" comment. Thats all well and good, because people are allowed to state their opinions, but the way you state yours are making us schecter owners out to be tasteless, mindless dumbfucks who don't know the difference between a guitar and their ass. We aren't. It might be a joke to you, sure, but its overplayed for us.

edit: I should really stop this, i don't want Romeo's thread to be locked. Post those pics up man!

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
I've never said anything disparaging about Schecter owners in anything more than jest.

I don't like the guitars and I've explained my reasons for that.

As for the 'baseball bat comment' I constantly hear the same whinging from non-Ibby players crying "the thin neck makes my hand cramp" or "I don't understand how floyds work" or "the finish chips too easily"...

Two sides to an argument. But we can stop here, if you want. :)

Atomic_gerbil

Reaction score
I've never said anything disparaging about Schecter owners in anything more than jest.

I don't like the guitars and I've explained my reasons for that.

As for the 'baseball bat comment' I constantly hear the same whinging from non-Ibby players crying "the thin neck makes my hand cramp" or "I don't understand how floyds work" or "the finish chips too easily"...

Two sides to an argument. But we can stop here, if you want. :)

Well now that I know that, yes, we should. :)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
C7FR? C7 Hellraiser FR? Loomis? ;p

one of EACH, ken! gotta go between the two, y'see! C7 blackjack, then an S7320. then a Loomis, then an RG1527 or somethin'.

or maybe i'll just C7 blackjack then UV it?! hehe pipe dreams are awesome..

')