DIY MIDI Rack Wah page now in English

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
Rack-Wah Construction Manual

I think this may have been posted before when the German only version existed, but the pages are now in English too for all us uncultured philistines :D

I may make this a project to work on, given I've been kind of after a MIDI Rack Wah for a LONG time, so this would make a lot of sense for myself.

I took this from HugeRacksInc, for anyone that goes on there too :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

E Lucevan Le Stelle

in love with Judas
Reaction score
Rack-Wah Construction Manual (3)

I think this may have been posted before when the German only version existed, but the pages are now in English too for all us uncultured philistines :D

I may make this a project to work on, given I've been kind of after a MIDI Rack Wah for a LONG time, so this would make a lot of sense for myself.

I took this from HugeRacksInc, for anyone that goes on there too :)

If you can find a MIDI PWM board (i.e. the driver for a MIDI dimmer), it's a pretty trivial task to modify it with a LED/LDR pair and a broken crybaby or whatever to be a MIDI controlled wah. This is just a neater implementation :)

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
it was right on top of the tyler and suhr worship though!

there really is nothing like a $5,000 strat is there?

C

Guitarwiz2k

Prog Metal /Jazz Fusion
Reaction score
If you can find a MIDI PWM board (i.e. the driver for a MIDI dimmer), it's a pretty trivial task to modify it with a LED/LDR pair and a broken crybaby or whatever to be a MIDI controlled wah. This is just a neater implementation :)

Hey, I'd like to try what you suggest, but not that swift to understand what you mean just yet. Could you go into more detail, or pm me or email at guitarwi_2k1@hotmail.com either way, I don't mind where you send it, I've just wanted to use a midi wah for a while since my entire setup runs off midi with just the damn crybaby wah where I have to plug in my guitar, then send the signal out from the way using one of my wireless transmitters.

It works, but I want to move the wah to the rack and control everyting by midi only.