Djent Band Names?

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
Nothing wrong at all with "Quarantine". I'd say just roll with it. Don't change your name to fit a genre.

Screaming Headless Torsos didn't do that. Going by their band name, I would NEVER expect to hear what they play.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Columns
Verbs
Lines
Edges
Fans
Desks
Tables
Cars
Ropes
Doors
Closets
Strings
Speakers
Lotions
Pens
Calendars
Drawers

I have a feeling you were naming off things you saw around you, now i question... why is there rope and lotion around you....

The Uncreator

Control The Sun
Reaction score
Why I also can't believe this is a thread, the responses made it an entertaining few minutes to read.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
When my band were looking for a name, someone suggested "Dutch Oven" to me. I had to look it up. Oh my.

Would certainly lend your band a different vibe though, could help to set you apart a little?

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
DON'T use a pluralization, I like djent, but I can't distinguish or recall any band that use a pluralization as a band name :lol:

12enoB

It's Boner Backwards
Reaction score
I've always liked the idea of "the Oedipus Cycle" being a band name, just because its totally weird and sounds cool.

If you're looking at "the _____ spectrum" names look up some sciencey stuff. That way when people look it up, not only do they like the cool name but they learn something along the way (plus they'll think you're smart or something).

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Stop labeling styles, trying to come up with a fancy name for the music you're loving to make, keep the name, just make good (or better than currently) music. The audience won't care as long as it sounds good.

Kiss, IMO, is one of the worst names in music history...yet its held up in some capacity for 30+ yrs because people just want(ed) to see them.

I'd only change the name if there's a real want to re-define...not because of changing styles, etc.

That being said, if you it's a true want, hope you find what you're looking for. I kinda like Quarantine as-is, regardless of style.

Reaction score
Atmospheric, space-y themes are wildly played out, man. That and overly dramatic medieval references.

I'm all for people doing whatever they want, but shooting for that theme with djent as your primary influence AND trying to come up with a name that you feel will embrace that is like saying "I wanna be rapper that raps about money, hoes, and drugs. I've been thinking about calling myself Lil' ____."

I'm not trying to be an asshole, bud. It just seems a little lazy and fanboyish. I mean, if you really like djent and the common djenty themes/trends, that's fine. It is what it is. But, why not at least try to have a unique name?

How 'bout you find a word or phrase that has meaning to you on a personal level. Something that could describe your personal experiences of existence?

I personally love simple names that have lots of impact upon hearing them.

')