Djent/Metalcore Pickup for 6 string in drop C

• Thread starter theguitarfreak
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
I personally love the crunchlab. Works great for all heavy applications. Especially djenty stuff. D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpiritCrusher

Reaction score
em 81 and 18 volt mod is not sterile... and its good.. or u could do blackouts 18 volt. theyre good for mostly everything

Reaction score
They were designed for Muhammed Suicmez of Necrophagist...so...No.

So the D-Activator it is then.

Thanks a lot everyone for your feedback.

I have even ordered an RG1527z. Will be changing the stock pickups of that also. Planning to go for Lundgren M7 or if my budget doesnt permit then some DiMarzios.

pearl_07

Reaction score
So the D-Activator it is then.

Thanks a lot everyone for your feedback.

I have even ordered an RG1527z. Will be changing the stock pickups of that also. Planning to go for Lundgren M7 or if my budget doesnt permit then some DiMarzios.

I would also look at the D-Activator X. I had a D-Activator in my S470DXQM in Drop B and I loved it except it felt a little too thin, so I replaced it with a D-Activator X and it added on that little bit of low end. I prefer it over the standard D-Activator, but they're both great pickups.

Tranquilliser

Reaction score
I'd definitely look at the DiMarzio CrunchLab, I'm intending on buying one, because they're amazingly tight + Petrucci is god.

JSX212

Reaction score
if you want your guitar to sound djent-y...why not use the pickups that Periphery used/uses...

DiMarzio Crunchlab + DiMarzio Liquefier

plus, it's Petrucci''s pups too :agreed:

sleepy502

Reaction score
D Activators.

im in love with d'activators lately. im replacing the custom 5 in my ltd with one, as the d'activator sounds like a better custom-5 with more output, gain and clarity.

don't put a crunch lab or dsonic in a mahogany body. you will make baby jesus cry, and sound muddy.

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
Old thread I know, but I am thinking of doing same thing as original poster in Drop C tuned Mahogany Ibanez S (540LTD) so shoot me.

The pickup array is staggering, even before you get into boutigue's like Lundgren and BareKnuckle. My style is Helmet style riffing as well as (every now and again) Devin Townsend wall-of-sound reverb, a la Ocean Machine. Drop C a must.

Any suggestions?

Also, anyone had good experiences with the D Activators in Mahogany?

Latest posts

')