Djent tutorial (hilarious!)

• Thread starter m3l-mrq3z
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cdub

Reaction score
Wait a minute. This dude's right. Look where bands like pantera went... Fuck mids, I'm gonna scoop my amp, a processor, a distortion pedal, an eq....my mids will be so many negative db it will open a worm hole into a dimension from "heavy metal", with huge naked boobage and dragons and explosions

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

m3l-mrq3z

Banned
Reaction score
The only thing funny about that video was

A: his jock haircut
B: his $5 guitar and Metallica Load sticker
C: his tie dye Ozzy Osbourne shirt
D: his parents house decor
E: his tone

I would be willing to bet that the music he actually records and is serious about is god awful. That's a zero on the lolometer from me

Djent-fan much?

sol niger 333

I like stuff
Reaction score
Djent-fan much?

Na I actually can't stomach 98% of djent but I just get on with my shit and shut my mouth.

I'm more a fan of people in general contributing, rather than tearing things down. Especially when unfunny talentless people try and tear things down to cover how shit they are. That's the worst.

Djent haters are just as annoying to me as the people who are regurgitating the same old Meshuggah grooves with some falsetto kid wanking at me then growling like he means it when he doesn't.

The genre lacks conviction and originality IMO but I say just leave em to it and get on with it.

This guy sucks hard and I didn't find him, nor the general backlash against people just trying to express themselves musically, funny

sol niger 333

I like stuff
Reaction score
Not saying I like it, not saying I hate it. He obviously thinks he's very Reznor influenced, and I'm not sure how I feel about that :lol:

Regardless, he doesn't completely suck (well, that track at least. He has some absolute garbage on his channel, but I'm sure we've all written bad songs).

And making fun of Djent is fun. Don't be a hater :fawk:

*The Dimebag and Zakk fan runs off

I know! I'm hating the haters. I'm so anti haters I am the epitome of pure hatred :lol:

m3l-mrq3z

Banned
Reaction score
I'm more a fan of people in general contributing, rather than tearing things down. Especially when unfunny talentless people try and tear things down to cover how shit they are. That's the worst.

Djent haters are just as annoying to me as the people who are regurgitating the same old Meshuggah grooves with some falsetto kid wanking at me then growling like he means it when he doesn't.

The genre lacks conviction and originality IMO but I say just leave em to it and get on with it.

This guy sucks hard and I didn't find him, nor the general backlash against people just trying to express themselves musically, funny

I believe it is incredibly hard to contribute to a genre that is based on klischees. Djent reminds me a bit of dubstep (rather brostep), in that they share similarities like using the same samples and synth sounds (guitar tone and fake drums).

Claiming that people making fun of djent are people that hate the genre is quite a statement. I don't really think they hate the genre or the people into it, they just fail to have some respect towards Djent and what it represents and djent does represent some of the things that are wrong with music today (conformism, lack of creativity, copying succesful artists, musical mediocrity and so on).

The guy is not simply saying "OMG DA DJENT SUCKS! MESHUGGAH FTW JENS KIDMAN SWAG YOLO YOLO". He is rather showing why djent isn't taken seriously by people that aren't into it.

ncfiala

Silence you bastard
Reaction score
That was pretty funny, but would have been funnier with a guy who had better delivery and some personality. Pretty accurate though. Djent blows and is definitely not the future of metal.

bhakan

Reaction score
I think the reason djent gets so much hate is that because it it so internet based, all the crappy generic bedroom projects and local bands get increased visibility. I agree that the vast majority of djent bands are bad, but I'd guess that the vast majority of metalcore bands suck, and the vast majority of death metal bands suck, but you have never heard more than a couple local bands because they don't post on the internet.

If you think about the "big" names in djent, such as Periphery, Tesseract, Vildhjarta and Animals as Leaders, they don't really sound generic or like they're ripping each other or Meshuggah off to me. They definitely have similarities, like any bands in the same genre, but (imo) they're all doing something relatively innovative. Even though there are hundreds of bands trying to copy them, it doesn't take away from them.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
That was pretty funny, but would have been funnier with a guy who had better delivery and some personality. Pretty accurate though. Djent blows and is definitely not the future of metal.

It's like the "rhunk" video that someone posted a while ago. In that one, he exaggerated the whole trend of 'downtuning' which is what made it funny. In this one, nothing he said/did was exaggerated to the point where it was funny pre-se, he was just being insulting. The only 'djent' band I really listen to is Meshuggah and say what you will about their style, he can't deny their playing ability.

The Uncreator

Control The Sun
Reaction score
Am I the only uncomfortable calling Meshuggah "Djent"? To me it just doesn't fit, not even close.

Other than that, pretty funny vid, very dry humor with the ozzy shirt and metallica stickers but still worth a couple yucks.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
took a 10 day vacation to the greek islands and this is all you got for me sevenstring fam? :lol:

seriously though, to all my old brethren, let them kids eat.

spends some time making dope shit that isn't generic if you are sick of listening to djent, instead of spending time parodying it.

Reaction score
I don't really dig djent except for once in a very blue moon when someone does something innovative and different with the concept but this vid didn't make me laugh. Maybe it was the delivery.

It is kinda funny seeing the djentheads get butthurt in the vid's comments though. haha

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Am I the only uncomfortable calling Meshuggah "Djent"? To me it just doesn't fit, not even close.

Other than that, pretty funny vid, very dry humor with the ozzy shirt and metallica stickers but still worth a couple yucks.

Funny because Meshuggah truly was the original "djent-band". They invented the word.

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
Face it guys, if his tone wasn't so buzzy, you'd be all over that track.

troyguitar

Reaction score
track sounded like a lot of stuff I hear posted on this forum, not sure if that's good for him or bad for the rest of us :lol:

bazguitarman

Half assed at best
Reaction score
Tennessee, home of hillbillies and halfstacks.
lol at that video. I did laugh a couple of times although the guys delivery was a little dry ans subtle. The performance/recording part was funny as well.

I won't jump on the Djent hater bandwagon as I have too much respect for anyone who puts forth the effort to make music. Is it my thing? Not really. But what does my opinion matter anyway.

The fact is, every genre of music is over saturated by copy cats trying to cash in on what real innovative bands do. The metal world over-all is really bad for this. But that's what happens when the bottom line is units sold and profit margins.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Hes totally spot on. And its funny to see the djent fans get so pissed and try to insult this guy with arbitrary stuff like his haircut when hes completely hit the nail on the head.

Funny or not, hes got a point and i think alot of people just cant stomach the trend of "the band wagon" that djent is experienceing.

Latest posts

')