djenty but not really mix test

• Thread starter Subranis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Guitar tone's decent and sits nicely, drums are all flappy and sound like they're in a different place. You either need more room on the guitars which I wouldn't recommend with that sort of sound and and layering, or less room on the drums. Drums need some scoop and presence, and less click.

Phreeck

Reaction score
Guitar tone's decent and sits nicely, drums are all flappy and sound like they're in a different place. You either need more room on the guitars which I wouldn't recommend with that sort of sound and and layering, or less room on the drums. Drums need some scoop and presence, and less click.

I agree. The guitars sound pretty good, the drums don't.

What are you using for the drums?

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I don't know how a transient can have no transient :lol: but yeah I agree there's no attack to the because the compressor's attack time is too short.

You want less ambient, tighter overheads and maybe some parallel compression, I can't tell.

Subranis

Reaction score
also, that crash cymbal on the right side... is a DEAD giveaway that you're using superior drummer

I'll look into some different drum mixing techniques, I'm still relatively new to SD2.0. Do the bass and guitar mix alright? I've only ever heard it on one set of monitors so I'm not entirely sure as to how they sound to anyone else but me, and I'm naturally a bit biased 'cause I've been hearing it as it sits for about a week and a half now. lol.

Thanks tons for the comments by the way, huge fan of your work.

Subranis

Reaction score
Pretty much what everyone else said. Guitar and bass sound great. Drums kinda suck.

That's a bit of a relief seeing as I put considerably more time into the guitar and bass as opposed to the drum tracks. lol. Thanks though, brochacho

Prime

Crazy Robot Guy
Reaction score
Well I guess you know what you have to do next. You have the tools (Superior). Now you just have to do it. Personally, I hate drums...I have spent countless hours working on them and they still suck. I think I could spend a lifetime on them.

That said, they are the foundation. I've recently received some good advice from a fellow forum member and maybe it will help you?

Anyway, it's in my most recent thread. Here is the link if you are interested....

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/recording-studio/226573-most-boring-recording-ever-2.html

Not trying to spam my thread and who knows?...they probably still suck.

Keep up the good work.

:cheers:

Subranis

Reaction score
Well I guess you know what you have to do next. You have the tools (Superior). Now you just have to do it. Personally, I hate drums...I have spent countless hours working on them and they still suck. I think I could spend a lifetime on them.

That said, they are the foundation. I've recently received some good advice from a fellow forum member and maybe it will help you?

Anyway, it's in my most recent thread. Here is the link if you are interested....

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/recording-studio/226573-most-boring-recording-ever-2.html

Not trying to spam my thread and who knows?...they probably still suck.

Keep up the good work.

:cheers:

Yeah, I noticed the guy helping you out has a link in his signature to his guide to drum mixing which looks like it'd help wonders, thanks for the heads up man.

Subranis

Reaction score
how did you record the guitar

The guitar I recorded direct, guitar into my audio interface (Zoom G3) into my DAW (reaper).

The guitars were recorded clean and raw, and then after I recorded my effect chain was;

Guitar Rig 5 (noise gate only) >>> TSE 808 v2.0 >>> LePou LeCto (amp sim) >>> KeFir IR Loader >>> Voxengo Gliss (equalizer)

They're double tracked at 100% as well.

Latest posts

')