Dmitry Kulikov's Headbanger.ru Megathread!

• Thread starter DDDorian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last chance, lads. Anything else gets pasted from headbanger.ru outside of this thread and it gets deleted and everyone involved gets banned. Understood?

Anyway...

Long before I went to see Swedish industrial / gothic / metallers Deathstars live, I got a sort of preconception that an interview with these people is a task that only an extreme reporter can cope with. All the materials on the band which I had previously read on the Internet (including an interview they did for our webzine two years ago) were made either in a mad rush or under some dubious circumstances. That is why I came to Club Tochka having no high hopes – if there is an interview, fine, if no, ok, what can you do.

As soon as I entered the club, the organizer delighted me with the news that there would be an interview, but only bassist Skinny was available. All other band members were said not to be in the mood for it, and only Skinny expressed “readiness to sacrifice”. However, he decided to speak to reporters while he was getting a tattoo right in the dressing room. To say that I was surprised is to say nothing. Nevertheless, I sat down in the corridor right outside the door to the dressing room and prepared myself for waiting.

However, as one of my favorite Depeche Mode songs goes, “Even the stars look brighter tonight / Nothing's impossible”, and my lucky star seemed to be especially bright that night. All of a sudden I saw Whiplasher going down in the corridor, and I managed to say “hello” on time – this was the starting point of our conversation.

Andreas (aka Whiplasher) left a very unusual impression on me. There seem to be two personalities in him: one rages wild onstage, sings in a bone-shivering baritone and cracks dirty jokes, and the other one speaks in a soft and quiet voice, keeps his eyes on his tattooed hands and only sometimes throws a sly look at the interlocutor, askew, as if secretly. And when he does so, he smiles in the way that leaves you no alternative but to smile back. These two personalities replace each other at an amazing speed, and watching Andreas change is very strange,
but interesting.

continued here:

HeadBanger.ru - Èíòåðâüþ - Deathstars - In A Cynical Twist

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dmitry Kulikov

Reaction score
Here are EXODUS pics from Moscow concert

47544.JPG

All pics are here
HeadBanger.ru - EXODUS
Photos: Dmitry “Ward” Kulikov
(с) HeadBanger.ru

')