Do any of you guys have Nerdy hobbies?

• Thread starter poopyalligator
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
Dungeons and Dragons: Satan's Game. I also do fencing (rapier combat), Archery, and use those two skills in the SCA (International Medieval/Rennaissance Historical Society). I'm also a History Major in University. I play in a metal band..that can be considered nerdy by some?

It all goes together! Especially considering your screen name. You have the potential for an amazing live show with all those skills!

I dunno if it's nerdy, but I've been painting abstract art for a couple of years now. It's enjoyable, but I have no friends that understand it whatsoever.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

poisonelvis

windowlicker
Contributor
Reaction score
i collect comics(used to own my own store)action figures(old gi joe,megos,big jim)almost anything marvel from the 60's-70's,some hot wheels(70's)old records,cougars(i like old stuff?)i go to the wonder con and comic con almost every year......but i totally don't look like a comic nerd,but i am!!!!

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
i had over 20,000 points worth of warhammer 40k models back in the day :D

i used to enter tournaments all the time too. i had an unstoppable tyranid horde and a really good imperial guard army.

i can also recite every word from every lord of the rings movie, collect comics, and used to play magic the gathering.

worst of all...

im a Battlefield 3 addict :(

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
i had over 20,000 points worth of warhammer 40k models back in the day :D

i used to enter tournaments all the time too. i had an unstoppable tyranid horde and a really good imperial guard army.

i can also recite every word from every lord of the rings movie, collect comics, and used to play magic the gathering.

worst of all...

im a Battlefield 3 addict
:(
oh%20god.png

:lol:

Alpenglow

music and shat
Reaction score
I like videogames a lot. Call of Duty is pretty much shit at this point imo but I love a good FPS like Team Fortress 2, Tribes:Ascend, Blacklight:Retribution, etc. I like RPGs and MMOs too, I played World of Warcraft for a year or two and started playing again recently and I also absolutely love all the Elder Scrolls games. I also enjoy the occasional Magic: The Gathering game with friends. :lol:
I don't let it consume my life though, I still have plenty of time for guitar, friends, etc. To me the gamers = no lifers stereotype has always made no sense. :noplease:

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
I forgot to put Pokemon I have the first six hand held ones(u.s.) but yellow doesn't work and I want to get green even though I can't read japanese. and Liking cougars is nerdy? :shrug: I just thought it was weird but eh if it is I guess I get more nerd points. :D

The Uncreator

Control The Sun
Reaction score
im a Battlefield 3 addict :(

This 1,000 times for me.

Although since the patch, its incredibly difficult to get into a normal server with all the maps in cycle. Even if I select a DICE server I get put into "eNRAg3D k1llER DawG's SERVER OF AWESOME" with 600 ticket rush and Sharqi Peninsula, gulf of oman, sharqi peninsula, sharqi, gulf of oman, and operation metro.

I hate sharqi peninsula so much and every server has it in cycle like three times.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
guitar. no seriously talk to someone who isn't a guitarist about the complexities of playing and they will stare at you blank faced and call you a nerd. I also play video games but then that's quickly becoming the norm so i cant count that as nerdy anymore.

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
I guess my nerdy hobby is being a clandestine chemist. I love nothing more than reading up on new techniques, doing my own experiments, collecting literature, etc.

sahaal

Reaction score
Games-Workshop-Warhammer-2.jpg

Used to play Warhammer a long time ago when I was in grade school but didn't have the time or money when I got to high school. Had an Orcs & Goblins army for Fantasy and a Tau army for 40k. It was super nerdy, but I don't regret a thing. :lol: Putting together and painting those models was incredibly fun and relaxing for me once I got better at painting. I like to think that considering I was only 12 at the time I painted pretty damn decently.

used to be this, I had a ton of half finished Chaos Marines armies laying around, I had some pretty sweet plans going for them too, now the closest thing to "nerdy" hobbies I have is my addiction to diesel engines and the sort of culture that comes with it (sled pulling, drag racing, etc)

Kidneythief

Reaction score
-Watching anime, reading manga
-Playing video games: Alice Madness Returns is just wow for me.
-Bonsai trees
-Reading sci-fi, mainly William Gibson and Philip K. Dick
-I am also fascinated by Warhammer 40k, but never had the money to start playing it :(

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Video games
Magic The Gathering
Guitar

Those are my three main things. I take great pride in being a "nerd" if that means being myself and doing what I love.

Cyntex

love & peace!
Reaction score
I like to watch tv shows, some favourites are: The X-Files, The Twilight Zone, NCIS and currently Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad.

I like to read, most nonfiction with some exceptions like Catch 22, 1984 and At The Mountains of madness.

Playing video games, fps and co-op games.

Funny to see some people consider playing guitar to be nerdy. Guess it depends on what you play :D

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I have some Nerdy hobbes:

-I work on PCs. Not as serious as I used to, but whenever people have a computer question, they usually ask me. Sadly I've forgotten most of what I learned in my A+ cert class back in high school, so nowadays I have to refer them to someone else. But as far as doing stuff like swapping RAM/CPUs/Peripheral cards, I'm pretty capable of doing that and doing so quickly.

-Xmen comics. My cousin is a huge X-men nerd and since she's my BFF, I pretty much am one too by default because that's most of what I hear about in a conversation with her. :lol:
Hell I didn't even know Wolverine's last name was Howlette until we started hanging out. :lol:

-Lord of the Rings nut. I kinda gave up on it, but I've always wanted to learn to write/speak in the High Elven/Dwarven/Orcish tongues. The linguistics part of the story intrigue me greatly.

-I've been a gamer since the age of 3 and I'm 26. Never been too much of a fan of online gaming (I hate people :lol: ), but my childhood was pretty much entirely dedicated to video games. These days, too much shit competes with my time to play 24 hours straight like I used to, but when I'm bored at home, you can bet that Skyrim or Oblivion will be playing on my computer.

-I haven't played it in years, but I used to (and still do) love playing Magic: The Gathering. I had a black deck that was themed around siphoning life points and creating bats/boosting them to ridiculous levels. The story theme of it was about fanatical, hypocritical church which I found both ironic and humorous. The vampire creature in it did some amazing damage too.

')