Do any of you guys have Nerdy hobbies?

• Thread starter poopyalligator
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bigsby

Nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
i collect these is that nerdy?

nerdsvariety.jpg

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Comics

Read about ...20-30 different ongoing series

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
The closest to nerdy that I do would probably be scenario paintball, to the point that my friends and I attempt to re-create historic battles with paintballs (ghillie suits/full tactical gear and all)

I'm jealous. I bought a Smartparts Ion probably about 7 years ago when I used to go paintballing. Was a ton of fun but me and my friends haven't done it in a few years, I also regret not getting a different gun as I personally don't like speedball, much prefer scenario or bush.

I'm an engineering student, if that counts.

I hear yuh.

AnarchyDivine88

Reaction score
Games-Workshop-Warhammer-2.jpg

Used to play Warhammer a long time ago when I was in grade school but didn't have the time or money when I got to high school. Had an Orcs & Goblins army for Fantasy and a Tau army for 40k. It was super nerdy, but I don't regret a thing. :lol: Putting together and painting those models was incredibly fun and relaxing for me once I got better at painting. I like to think that considering I was only 12 at the time I painted pretty damn decently.

I used to love Warhammer when I was a kid too. I had a huge collection that I painted of Undead (later Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings) and High Elves and I also used to make my own Chaos Dwarf models using parts from Dwarves and Chaos warriors and some puddy for mutations. I think I was the youngest person playing at the westfarms Games Workshop at the time. Good times.

Not sure if this is really nerdy, but I like reading about mythology, the viking sagas, and ancient history. And I like reading music theory text books too, now that's a party! :cool: :lol:

Raaaaal13

Reaction score
Uhh I have a few. I still play Yu-Gi-Oh. I collect Transformers figures and memorabilia. I collect other toys and action figures as well(mainly tiny/chibi pvc figures). I'm pretty heavy into gaming. Mainly turn-based RPG's. I read several comic book series(right now I'm into The Amory Wars and Eternal Descent). I've always wanted to get into building model Gundams.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
For me it's computers and little mecha or action figures. I have Ultraman and Boba Fett on my desk at work right now. I'm also a fan of all things Japanese. I find being interested in stuff like that to be cool, but also embarrassing, because a lot of stuff, like the computers, I don't consider nerdy. I think it's almost mandatory that you have some idea of how they work and the specs needed to accomplish what you want. Yet I am continually painted as a nerd (or geek, I guess) whenever I talk about that stuff. :shrug:

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
I am almost 21 years old and I still collect Transformers figures and watch the shows. What can I say, I love the franchise!

Also have a lot of Halo Figures (I love ODSTs!) and Clone Troopers.

I am also big into sci fi and post apocalyptic type stuff, I actually might write a couple of my own series once I get the time.

And yes, I know I need a girlfriend :lol:

ZEBOV

Banned
Reaction score
The closest to nerdy that I do would probably be scenario paintball, to the point that my friends and I attempt to re-create historic battles with paintballs (ghillie suits/full tactical gear and all)

I'm jealous. I bought a Smartparts Ion probably about 7 years ago when I used to go paintballing. Was a ton of fun but me and my friends haven't done it in a few years, I also regret not getting a different gun as I personally don't like speedball, much prefer scenario or bush.

I also play paintball. I prefer playing scenario/woodsball even though I have an Invert Mini. I'm not into the milsim look and milsim guns. That stuff can add a lot of weight, and I want as little weight as possible for maximum performance. I still try to be as well-camo'ed as possible though. I think I'm going to get myself some more paintball gear to complete my setup (since I still have no pods or a pod pack.... just a Pinokio loader that holds a whopping 400 paintballs).

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
You guys are FOOLS, Speedball uber alles :flex: Seriously though, I loved it when I played and miss it.

Also, Zebov, you forgot to include liking every post in the Public Ban List

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
AnarchyDivine just reminded me: I have an infatuation with all things space (astronomy, astrophysics, sci-fi [absolutely love the Mass Effect series]). Also love watching Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson videos or reading his work.

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
Not sure if its nerdy but I know people cringe when I start talking about them.

CARS!!!

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I play video games a few nights out of the week for a couple of hours or so... Not all of the time, though. Lately it's been a bit of Skyrim and Hitman: Bloodmoney. That's a really marginal thing, though.. I've always sort of dabbled with video games.

My real nerdiness is my obsession with guitars. I am genuinely obsessed and in love with guitars and music.. I've devoted more time to no other thing in my life. My unusual trading habit is a direct and dependent result of this. Additionally, I'm really into mysticism and spirituality as far as logical concepts thereof are concerened. I like to find the ways in which science and metaphysics are compatable.

I also love animals, but that's less of a habit, and more of a lifelong passion.

Blind Theory

Reaction score
AnarchyDivine just reminded me: I have an infatuation with all things space (astronomy, astrophysics, sci-fi [absolutely love the Mass Effect series]). Also love watching Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson videos or reading his work.

Same here, Neil is the man who inspired me to start going to school for astrophysics.

morrowcosom

Reaction score
Debating theoretical physics and philosophy, playing online poker, Anime, Ghost hunting, Learning different types of math in my spare time, solving critical thinking exercises.

Reaction score
i can play xbox for upwards of like 12 hours at a time lol, im also a huge fan of documentaries:lol: and i have seen the black dahlia murders majesty dvd like 100 times and i can almost recite every word in it

')