Do i need a buffer in my pedalboard?

• Thread starter Overtone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Overtone

Reaction score
I happen to have all true bypass pedals before my amp. Bb preamp, pigtronix ep-2, mxr micro chorus. Those are joined with short planet waves cables. Going into the bb is a mogami 12 foot platinum cable, and out of the mxr is a mogami 10 ft gold into the amp. I do plan to add a trem pedal in there somewhere. Volume and wah maaaaybe.

So not that crazy! But still 25-30 feet between pickup and amp when all that stuff is off. Would a buffer help in my case?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WarOfAttrition

Reaction score
Use one cable and just plug straight into the amp and play. Then put all the pedals back in it and play. If it sounds duller or like less treble-y, get a buffer! :D

Overtone

Reaction score
Cool! Ihave been doing that a few times... It ishard to tell the difference. It never sounds too warm or like it lost the cut. Oddly enough, i do percieve it as if the distortion is a little less rich with the pedals in, as if some of the harmonic overtones have backed off a but. It is still subtle, if it is even there at all. Since i use very few of the pedals in the distorted channel i can probably make up for this by tweaking the knobs. I still have to try this on the clean channel but my guess is that there will be no difference in how the guitar sounds.

Overtone

Reaction score
And i got a sweet tremolo pedal from Diamond!

Latest posts

')