Do I really need a special case for a long air journey or a hybrid case will do?

Rob Dial

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I usually like to travel a lot and I don't want to let go of my bass. Last time I flew with united airlines with a gig bag they allowed me to carry my guitar with me, but now I have to fly with an middle eastern airlines, etihad about which I'm not sure will allow my guitar to stay. Anyone experienced my situation?

Patric Byrne

guitarfreak
Reaction score
Had experience with other Middle Eastern-Asian airlines, cannot recall the name now but they did charge extra and didn't allow me to enter my guitar in the passenger area which was wrapped in a Hardcase. I would suggest you call them before even buying tickets or check their policy.

Last edited:

Patric Byrne

guitarfreak
Reaction score
Hey there! Last time I didn't mention the article I've written on this topic, https://musicboxessentials.com/traveling-with-guitar-rules-for-top-airlines/ .

You would be fascinated and could save a lot of hassle, time even some money if you check which airlines actually treat instruments like guitars or violins better than others. Hope this will help this community.. let me know what you think!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.