Do Macs suck?

• Thread starter Vince
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That guy doesn't know WTF he's talking about. He probably tripped over his computer's power cord without saving his work, so he feels the need to create some exaggerated, fabricated stories about why his Mac sucks.

Change "Mac" to "Windows" and you could say all the same things.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Here's just a small sample of why Macs suck:

games1.jpg

:D

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
the way i look at it, theres nothing a mac can do a pc can't... but maybe with mac's having intel chips(why not amd?) they will start getting more support in the industry, i dunno...

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Toshiro said:
Here's just a small sample of why Macs suck:

:D
That's like saying, "Ibanez sucks because EMG doesn't make 7-string pickups that fit standard pickup routing."

It's not Apple's fault there aren't as many games available. Complain to the developers.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
darren said:
That's like saying, "Ibanez sucks because EMG doesn't make 7-string pickups that fit standard pickup routing."

It's not Apple's fault there aren't as many games available. Complain to the developers.
Actually, that's not entirely true. Some of the blame falls on Apple for mmm... not the best business decisions. The idea of sticking with the Motorola chips for so long certainly didn't help. But developers go where the money is, and since Apple had never regained a sgnificant share of the PC market outside of video/audio production and education, you can't blame the developers for not porting over a lot of game titles if the demand wasn't going to be there. And the failure of Apple to get a decent slice of the market is at least partly their fault (I've read alot of Apple history. I'm kind of a computing history buff, and Steve Jobs has alwasy been a real interesting character to me.)

That said, I like Macs, and I think Macs are generally more stable than Windows PCs. I'm no expert, though.

Roland777

Reaction score
That guy = own.

Macs = suck.

And I'm not just jumping on the bandwagon here - I've worked on Macs, and they suck because of those specific reasons that he, in a civilized manner, conveys through verbal communication. :D

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Actually, that's not entirely true. Some of the blame falls on Apple for mmm... not the best business decisions. The idea of sticking with the Motorola chips for so long certainly didn't help. But developers go where the money is, and since Apple had never regained a sgnificant share of the PC market outside of video/audio production and education, you can't blame the developers for not porting over a lot of game titles if the demand wasn't going to be there. And the failure of Apple to get a decent slice of the market is at least partly their fault (I've read alot of Apple history. I'm kind of a computing history buff, and Steve Jobs has alwasy been a real interesting character to me.)

That said, I like Macs, and I think Macs are generally more stable than Windows PCs. I'm no expert, though.

What TDW said.

I HATE Mirco$oft, but I have to be able to play games. Have to. I cannot live without an hour or two a week, and right now the PC is my outlet. :)

I like building my own systems anyway. :spock:

TheReal7

Mr. Melody
Contributor
Reaction score
I have worked with PCs and Macs for the last 10 years. Everything from Windows 3.1 to Windows XP Pro and Mac OS6 to OSX many many different machines. I have aslo owned both mac and PC systems and my conclusion, based on REAL world experience, is that PCs are way more stable but way more vulnerable if you do not know what you are doing.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm using a mac right now. Why? Someone hijacked my PC. Why didn't I have a firewall? I did, it just sucked compared to what came with the mac for free. Haha.

Almost half of the stuff he says actually happens more often on PC. I really don't think either is better/worse, when you put everything into perspective.

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
A former job I had required me to travel; a lot. One day I was headed overseas and at the airport I was asked by the security people what kind of laptop i had. i told them a mac ibook. They told me that I could not take it with me to this 8th world country because the mac met the federal definition of a supercomputer. I had to have it fedexed home and bought a pc at the airport.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
That was a clever video. To me, it was very true. I've worked on Macs, PCs, and other such computers (Silicon Graphics with Unix, PC with Linux, etc.) and I absolutely HATE Macs. The first computer I had was a mid-1980's Mac and it completely sucked. And not because it was old. I worked on a new Mac in 1997 and 1998...

Ah... I'll just leave it at that. Of course, Windows is not perfect. It's not even that great, but I think it's much better than Mac OS.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
garcia3441 said:
A former job I had required me to travel; a lot. One day I was headed overseas and at the airport I was asked by the security people what kind of laptop i had. i told them a mac ibook. They told me that I could take it with me to this 8th world country because the mac met the federal definition of a supercomputer. I had to have it fedexed home and bought a pc at the airport.

:lol:

That's sorta both a pain in the ass AND a strong endorsement.

In my experience, it's more "computers suck" than Macs suck or PC's suck. I'm a PC owner, but only because when it came time to buy my current recording workstation I couldn't justify the added expense a Mac would have entailed. The next computer? Possibly...

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
:lol:

That's sorta both a pain in the ass AND a strong endorsement.

In my experience, it's more "computers suck" than Macs suck or PC's suck. I'm a PC owner, but only because when it came time to buy my current recording workstation I couldn't justify the added expense a Mac would have entailed. The next computer? Possibly...

I've never been a Mac person, but the owner of the company was a different story. That place ran on Macs.

Although when I needed something to record on I went out and bought a dual precessor G5, For everything else I use a PC.

')