Do you have any gear regrets?

• Thread starter Triple-J
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
Is there a guitar/pedal/amp you once owned and sold/traded/smashed that you'd now love to have back?
heres mine....

Jackson Roswell Rhoads: I sold it for rent money in 2001 thinking Id see one available to buy again and since then Ive never seen another for sale, they are virtually non existent now so selling mine is a major regret.:wallbash:

Digitech BuzzBox:THE weirdest pedal Ive ever owned! It sounds like the distortion you hear on early Ross Robinson productions but it cuts out at random moments into this odd broken vaccum meets synth sound.
They are rareish now but they seemed to have gotten a reputation amongst people like myself who like odd FX so used prices are a little too high for my liking.

So what are your gear regrets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Is that pedal blue? Didn't Wes use something like that on the first LP record?

Also I think Metalfiend was trying or did sell a roswell or two.

I regret selling all of my gear :lol:

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
I don't regret selling any of my gear, as I only sell gear if I don't like it anymore or have no use for it. But then again, I haven't had that much gear so far.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
i wish i knew more about amps before i got my peavey banditt. transtube piece o shit :lol:

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Buzzbox is black with a yellow bloodsplatter type paint over it the tone is apparently based off a RAT and a MXR Blue Box, and your right Wes used it on the 1st LB record Im not sure which songs though.

I read that article years ago and I remember that :lol:

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
I bought an old 90's randall cab for $100. One of the speakers was frozen. They had G12-65's in them and sold them off a year before Celestion decided to re-release them. I sold them cheap and now they're worth a lot... oh well.

EDIT: Oh yeah and my green RG550. Traded it because it had cracks in the body where the neck joins and the Floyd Rose was all rusted.

Jan

Reaction score
TC Nova Reverb stompbox. I bought it really cheap and sold it only because I wanted to get a multi-FX device. Now that I'm quite disappointed with TC Nova System (which colours my sound and thus deserves to be despised) I wish I hadn't sold this pedal which -unlike the Nova SYSTEM - was transparent and also had some great reverbs. I wish I had bought some stompoxes istead of the stupid Nova :(

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Ibanez SZ520 also, was my baby. I kinda want to get another someday but I dunno, probably should get other things instead.

OwlsHaveEyes

Josh Gauges
Reaction score
My first electric guitar was an ESP LTD KH-202, and I wasn't used to trems I was about 15 when I got it. I traded it to my friend for a beat up Crown Les Paul because it had a hardtail...now that I look back at it that was a stupid trade...I know now how to set up floyds (still not a trem guy) but that guitar played really well! Totally REGRET it!

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Selling a limited production Ibanez RG1550. It had a mahogany body with a flamed maple veneer and maple neck. One of the most comfortable guitars I've played and best sounding Ibanez.

Also regret selling my ENGL Powerball. I could really do with it's monster like tone right now.

Uber Mega

Try my fist!
Contributor
Reaction score
Selling the blue PRS NAMM '03 Custom that I post pics of here occasionally. Bad move.

Buying a Blackmachine. Nice guitar but i've hardly played it since it came in June.

Buying a low-end Dean V as my second guitar, holy shit the bridge was high on that thing :lol:

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I wish I would have ordered my Ibanez 1077XL just one day sooner so I'd have actually gotten one.

Same thing with the Agile Intrepid, though I'll at least get another shot at the Agile next year.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Big muff pi. I dont regret selling it so much as buying it... :( I kind of regret selling my schecter Damien 6 tho, i could have replaced the pups in it and it would have been pretty cool...

')