Do you have any gear regrets?

• Thread starter Triple-J
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

botoxfox

Reaction score
Buying a Jackson RR5. Painted neck, shitty hardware and it didn't look good on me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zoltta

Guns N Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
An RG2228. I loved the thing then i traded it for a 608b which i love even more.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
I terribly have regretted parting ways with my old Ibanez RR550 Rocket Roll II Flying V. I got it for Christmas 1983 during my senior year of high school. A few years later, I foolishly sold it & I've regretted it ever since.

My grandfather whom raised my brother and I got it for me, & when he found out I had sold it to pay the bills & such, he was just heartbroken. He would have gladly given me the money to help me out, but I had too much pride to ask.

Every now and then I see one just like it, totally stock, & I just don't have the money at the time.

Crap, now I'm all bummed out again.

richcastle66

Prog is Life
Reaction score
My Jackson. Its the JS30RR, the entry level one. I bought it as a backup, but it sucks. The neck is a lot heavier than the body, so if I have the guitar too low, I have to support the neck and play at the same time.

Heavy Ed

singlecoil goodness
Reaction score
The only piece of gear I regret selling was my 86' Ibanez proline 2660 (or some such #) the neck thru super strat with sharktooth inlays, edge trem and a Dimarzio Fred I installed in the bridge. Its one of the only 6ers I really wish I had. I still check all my local music stores hoping it turns up.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
All the 6s and 7s I bought while still adjusting to my RG2228. Now I have all these 6s and 7s that I don't even take out of their cases. I'll be lucky to get 40% of my money back to get more 8s. I also kinda regret buying my Intrepid, it would make a good back-up, but meh, doesn't touch my RG2228. I also regret selling a lot of pedals like my MXR EVH Phase 90, MXR Stereo Chorus, and this old-school Fuzz Face, just to name a few.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
WOW!...................when I started this thread I expected most of you guys to say your 1st guitar was a regret but theres been some pretty unique stuff mentioned a lot of Jacksons + Ibanez and some stuff I never knew existed (Washburn TB?)

ephriamiv7

Reaction score
Ibanez SZ520 also, was my baby. I kinda want to get another someday but I dunno, probably should get other things instead.

I love all ibbys...but dont know much about them besides the specs on some of them that i own haha...but do they make an S series seven for an sz type shape seven?headstock without six in a lin?

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I regret selling my Dillion 7 string. It was my first seven, an RG shaped guitar with alder body, which played and sounded beautifully.

I fucking miss my Loomis to death, but I don't regret selling it because it had important flaws and had to go (it even had a name :()

I regret buying crap when I was starting, like portable amps, headphone amps, cheap pedals, etc. That never did a thing for me and I'd never been able to sell :lol:

')