Do you play air guitar when you listen to music?

• Thread starter Brett89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Do you play air guitar when you listening to music?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 41 73.2%
  • khm... no...

Votes: 15 26.8%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Hell yes! I also play air drums and bass.

I even move and make facial expressions to the music as if I were playing it.

It's gotten to the point where I find it really hard NOT to do any of this while listening to music.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
No. But I do play real guitar while listening to music quite often.

Me too. I never do air guitar. Well, maybe sarcastically to someone. But I play guitar often when listening to music (either playing along or improvising lead over top, etc.).

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
i do air guitar after watching bill and ted. i can't help it. seriously though if i feel motivated to play i just pick up the real guitar. playing air guitar doesn't make you a better player. although it worked for bill and ted i guess. but it helps to have vai hiding in the background doing all the licks!

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
I just take out a real guit unplugged and just play anything pretending I know how to lay wtv's playing or that I'm whoever's playing...

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
on this bill and ted deluxe package i got from my mom, they interviewed "professional" air guitarists. it was the stupidest thing ever. it was borderlining. i couldnt tell if they were joking or serious. apperantly (SP) they have Air guitar championships all over the place.

BTW i do play air guitar, but it has to be a song i like.

Reaction score
The bassist of my band usually play air-picking hand but he does it in a place which makes it look like he is masturbating a very tiny penis. :ugh:

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
I usually play are guitar with only my pickinghand when listening to stuff like meshuggah or FF.

:lol: The same as me! More when i listen "Self Bias Resistor", "Replica", "Demanufacture", "Stengah", "Future Breed Machine".

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
Yes, but not often. Since I practically live with my instrument, I usually end up playing along on the real deal.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
i do this to most things i listen to. its funnier when I actually Know part of the song.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
I think most of us guitar players play air guitar once in a while...
I do it when i hear a good riff and don't have my instrument nearby (like in my car at a red light)... or just for the fun of it. It makes my baby girl laugh a lot (that and especially air drums).

omentremor

this godles endeavor
Reaction score
i play guitar with CDs loads. But when Im not I often do the right hand while headbanging

I have one mate who drums, so the songs we jam whenever we hear em we do the whole song in air instruments, it becomes a laugh, but other people dont understand my compulsion to power stance and air solo.

')