Do you read reviews for your releases?

• Thread starter Larrikin666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
I did back when I was gigging and trying to release stuff.

The nicest thing anybody ever said was (paraphrased as I can't remember the exact quote):

Wow! What a psychotic blend of emotion and aggression.

It made my heart glow. Weren't big enough for anybody who didn't like it to bother giving it a negative review. Haha.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
The reviews for my record went from 4/10 to 9 and being album of the month.
That was quite funny.
Mostly the record was bashed for the horrible production, which honestly killed the whole music and I was well aware of that but couldn't do anything about it.
I even tried to have the album not released but there was no way I could prevent it.
Sometimes reviewers, which often are just self proclaimed acknowledged people and in case of music don't even know the difference between D and D#, complain about stuff that is totaaly out of the artist's control.
So...don't take reviews too much at heart, just try to do your best in the reharsal and recording rooms.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I've never written anything that warranted actually getting reviewed by anyone per se. We did have fans and friends that really loved our stuff back when my band was gigging. Perhaps if we'd have kept going and really honing our craft, we could've delved into even deeper and more psychotic stuff.

The Hiryuu

Dot dot dot.
Reaction score
What's wrong with Kim Kelly? She tends to review black/death/doom/sludge rather than mainstream stuff, but other than that I don't know what you mean.

She spends half the damn reviews namedropping all the other bands she "knows"...and have you ever read any of the schlock she slaps together that's not reviews? It'll make your head spin.

')