Do you still have your first guitar?

• Thread starter Kodee_Kaos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
my squier strat is in my room.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
I do indeed... my '84 Gibson Flying V will never, ever, EVER be sold!

l_a6b4da86fcec478caaa5febd9401fc55.jpg

l_2096892222a44eed88baa8065172e261.jpg

Dayn

Reaction score
My first guitar was a cheap electric starter kit from Aldi. I gave it away to charity a few weeks ago as I hadn't touched it in years.

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
Kramer Baretta

275634.jpg

Sold it. Now I sell everything! I keep 'em and sell them after a period. I like to change things up. I do have a couple of "secret brand" guitars that I will not sell, and they're too cool to tell anyone what brand they are so no one else buys one! :D They're all mine! I collect them on eBay, too.

I've also fixed up and improved a few of other people's first guitars. Turns out most 1st guitars can be awesome once worked on. Lack of experience tends to mean they're all rusty and uncared for. *sigh*

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
My first guitar was a black superstrat made by "Star", which featured one noname pickup, 22 frets, chrome hardware and gloss black finish. I sold it to my older brother who uses it as a living room decoration, so I still see it and occasionally play it. It has a smaller body than a normal guitar, but a normal 24.75 scale. Strange little guitar. I've often thought about buying it back in order to customize it! xD

I dont really miss it. What I do miss is my second guitar, a cheap BC Rich Wartribe (the first run of the Kerry King signature Warlock). Despite the cheap materials and hardware it was a surprisingly solid guitar, and actually quite well-built guitar. I spent many hours adjusting and fine tuning it, and I still havent found a guitar which played as nice as that little cheapo did! I sold it because I needed money (and had a 7string I used as my main guitar)! xS

gearhead

Reaction score
Nope. My first guitar was an Epiphone strat copy with a locking tremolo. I changed the pickups to some Seymour Duncans at some point, but the bridge died after 13 years and I was not able to replace it. It was heavy as hell and I miss it even though I now own better guitars. When I built my custom, I took the Epi's Seymour Duncans, tuners and truss rod cover out and placed them in the custom. That way a small part of my first guitar lives on.

TwitTheShred

Reaction score
My first guitar was a Yamaha ERG 121. hunk of shite, but it did the job back in the day. i still have it but it's absoltuly fucked. i plan on atempting to scalop the neck one day and stripping the paint and what not.

I will never ever sell a guitar. i have about 15 of them at the momement and most of them are just cheapys. i only ever sold one guitar and that was a Vintage Wraith. that was also a piece of shit but i still regret selling it. i get to attached to all my guitars no matter how useless they are.

tuneinrecords

Reaction score
red ibanez early 80's blazer w 2 humbuckers. still got it after 20 years. still great.

Infamous Impact

Reaction score
My first acoustic was some Yamaha. I still have it and love it. My first electric was a GIO Ibanez, but I had to get rid of it because the neck started to break. I tried to restring it and the action was so high I could put my thumb under the strings without touching the strings. I loved the thing though.

Gamma362

Loomis Fanboy
Reaction score
I still got my cheap ibanez starter. it doesn't get played and I have no attachment to it. I do however have an attachment to my first real guitar. Esp Ltd Kh-602, got it after playing for 6 month and just absolutely fell in love with how it plays. I still have it 4.5 years later with no intentions of ever selling it.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
First guit was a Schecter Omen 7 I got off ebay for about 180 bucks, ended up selling it for 100 once I discovered Ibanez. :lol:

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
My first was a cheap black telecaster with a humbucker at the bridge. Sounded quite good actually. After that I bought a vintage white Squier strat, which I didn't like at all after a while. Sold both of them in 2000 to fund my first 7, an RG7420. I still have that one, adore it and view it as my first 'real' guitar.

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
I still have mine. It's a '93 Fender MIM Strat, all white with a maple board. I still play it from time to time as well. Its not a bad playing ax.

Reaction score
I've sold my first guitar, but I still have my first bass although I've made it fretless by now, an Epiphone Thunderbird.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I still have my first electric, a Washburn MG, but all of my first three acoustics were given to other people so that they could learn to play, as my first acoustic was given to me.

Seventary

Norwegian metalhead
Reaction score
My first guitar was a Jarock. :) Still got it. My mom bought it for me in the late 80's. :) Total Strat rip-off.

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
I wish. What actual first guitar was a pawn shop special that was destroyed when it was actually dropped off my front porch during moving by accident. The neck snapped, a horn broke and I lost my temper. It was a piece of shit but it was my first piece and I miss it. =\.

')