Do you still have your first guitar?

• Thread starter Kodee_Kaos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shaunheiser

Reaction score
First guitar was an Ibanez RG something or other from 2000. Still have it, not currently in working order, but I'm thinking of modding the hell out of it and getting back to working condition.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
yes...but its not in working order (needs a nut)

i stopped playing once i bought my first real guitar...

Alimination

Space Adventurer
Reaction score
Hehe (brace yourself for horrible cheesiness)

When I was a freshmen in highschool I got first guitar which was some random unknown brand from walmart I think... anyways I was in my first band called "Angels of Satan" (We did white stripes covers, hoping we'd end up like slayer or cradel of filth) LOL

So what I did to be cool was, I took some of those white out tapes, and wrote angels of satan all over that guitar. Then to be like Mick Thompson from Slipknot (the HATE inlays) I took these alphabet stickers and hate all over my fretboard.

...ahhhaha good times... I wonder what happened to that guitar.. hmm..

Dvaienat

Reaction score
I do... a Squier Tele. It is also going to be my only guitar when I sell my Ibanez and Dean to fund a quality amp.

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
Yes I do, it's a 30eur trashy classical guitar with tons of tacky stickers on it :)

Unfortunately sold my first electric guitar, a sunburst Squier Strat, like 99% of us...

samu

Reaction score
60th anniversary edition Fender Strat, a Mexican one. I still play it a lot since I am so attached to it!

thedonal

Reaction score
First guitar I got was actually my Brother's- I commandeered it very soon after he got it!

Was a Marlin Slammer. Cheap Korean strat-copy. Plywood body. 'Sticky' varnished fretboard. You know the score. (the classic Argos-Guitar for the Brits on the forum- don't know what the international equivalents are!). it's still sitting in the flat-missing strings and unplayed for years!

I then got a Marlin Masterclass. Another cheap (though better) guitar- active picukps. Still not great.

Marlin guitars could be summed up in 1 word- nasty. But fair enough for a total beginner!

Anonymous

Expect us
Reaction score
My first REAL guitar was messed up so I had to send it in and just got a refund. It was and Ibanez rg420 EG, great guitar. Ended up using that money to get a RG7321 and I still have it.

linchpin

Specter
Reaction score
My first guitar was an Ibanez GRG170DX... i actually resented it for a long while because it never had the swooch across the logo on the headstock, just says Gio, i still use it as my main 6-string but its due for an upgrade now that i mainly use my cow-7.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
i still have mine...a cort effector out of the sears catalog! anyone remember that? built in sound effects lol...

it was the best explorer copy you could get for $169. i got the black one, also came in white. dont have a pic in my laptop but heres a google pic...

100747358_tp.jpg

EFF4.jpg

54050-2.jpg

fatfzcody

ss.org Poop
Reaction score
i gave my first guitar to one of my good friends so he could learn to play. gotta spread the love :)
it was only an ibanez gsa60, so i'm not a complete saint. lol

broj15

Reaction score
still have my 1998 mim fender start. love every thing about it except the tuners (fender stock tuners from that era are shitty) I'll never sell it. I still play it when i wanna do something more "indie"

Last edited:

mikemueller2112

Reaction score
Still have mine, a Blue Yamaha Pacifica (strat-copy). Don't know if there's any sentimental attachment to it, but I'm not going to get much to sell it, may as well keep it.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
I had an Epiphone SG Special.... I smashed it to pieces and sold it for $20 because the pickups did NOT work, all electronics were shot, all hardware was POS, frets would cut my hand... so yeah I smashed it :lol:

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
First act walmart guitar :rofl:, still got it too.

Here shortly going to turn it into a candy apple red 7 string ;)

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
GFx by Groove Factory (on the right). DUnno the specs, can't find them anywhere lol. Plan to sand it and repaint it, maybe do some wood carving aswell. If it turns good, I'll change the hardware and neck.

0531010724.jpg

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
I still have both my first guitar and the first guitar I bought. My first guitar is a black Ibanez rs440. I got that in 1991 when I was 14.

Still plays great, I play it every few days or so. I got it set up with 10's in D......I did put new pups, 3 way, and volume pot in it a few years back, but otherwise its all stock......it could use a fret job.:squint:

The first guitar I bought was a (98 I believe) Jackson ps4 (also black). I actually just put a new 5 way switch in it Wednesday, because the bridge contact went bad on the original stock switch....it gets played all the time.

')