Do you still have your first guitar?

• Thread starter Kodee_Kaos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
I still have mine, it's an Epi SG special goth. I've actually never seen pictures of another like it. It was labeled "goth" and has a matte black finish with black hardware, but it has regular dot inlays and no crosses on it anywhere, and also only single tone and volume.

A bunch of the frets were popping out so I made it fretless. I don't really use it, but I have it in Open E for slide stuff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edika

Reaction score
Yeap still have my first guitar. A Squier MIJ Strat Floyd rose series guitar (it has a Floyd Rose II bridge). I bought it used from my best friend when he bought a new guitar (it was his first guitar also). One of the most comfortable necks I have played. I am amazed at how good this guitar feels whenever I pick it up. If I ever decide to sell it, it will be to my friend again as he sold it reluctantly and just because it would stay "in the family". The bridge pickup is a bit weak (HSS configuration) but the middle and neck pup are nice for the strat like sounds. I plan to change the pickups at some point and naturalize the black paint job.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
My brother and I shared a Yamaha starter kit guitar at first in 2003. Then I bought my first guitar at a pawn shop about 6 months later. It was a Bronze series Warlock for around $200 I think. I sold it a couple years later. But I still long for a nice Warlock :shred:

thatguy87

DjentyGoodness
Reaction score
I don't have a pic however it was a $100 (don't ask me how I know, because I don't even know) Jasmine acoustic with a busted nut :lol: It's with my friend in the states in a gigbag so I can't take a pic but I know it's there; I play it every time I go on leave. my first electric, a cherry red mexistrat, I still have as well is in a hard case at my father in law's. I have a pic of that one... it's needs some love and will get some when I go back home next year on leave.

Here's my strat alongside my MMM1
MMM1andStrat.jpg

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
Sold it. First guitar was a jackson floyd rose ps37 with emg HZ and a messup pickup selector.

It was definitely a fast shred guitar. I do miss it cause I could definitely upgrade it now. Oh well, I love my ibbys. My second axe was an ESP LTD H 101. Awesome finish, not really great action but a great beginner guitar. Esp., cause I caught it on sale at a local music shop.

Racman92

Complete 7 noob
Reaction score
Yes, still have my first guitar though I've ripped out so much parts it's not even funny anymore. It was a crappy B.C Rich Warlock from the bronze series.

But still, first guitar is just something you don't sell IMO.
Me too! I threw in a Wilde twin blade (if you dont know, this is Bill Lawrence's company), and I switched out the tuning machines with some planet waves locking tuners.
Oh yeah, and I spray painted it NEON GREEN :D

')