Do you still have your first guitar?

• Thread starter Kodee_Kaos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Surprisingly, seeing as I go through gear like a madman. :lol:

It was a cheap-o box set Strat copy. 'Synsonics', I believe. Kept it for a while, but it never got used. So I sanded it down, painted it pastel purple, and gave it to my younger brother.
100_3904.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mysticlamp

Ripplesprint
Reaction score
epiphone sg special is still sitting in the corner, never plan on selling that thing

F0rte

Wood Whore
Reaction score
Just curious..Some people seem to have a sentimental attachment to their first axe. I have a sparkly purple Yamaha strat. haha.

I pick it up once in a while and shred some stuff out on it. Takes me back to the days when I first started. I remember one time, I started crying because I somehow turned the distortion off, and I couldn't figure out how to turn it back on.

I do!
My first guitar ever (Electric wise) was a hohner 6 string. It was a used custom I bought from Music Go Round.
It was okay quality, I never play it now though :fawk:

toddh40341

Reaction score
First played: Hondo flying V. Learned a Fastway song. I was the awesomest, for about a day and a half.

First had long-term possession of: Washburn A20V. Like my first girlfriend, looked great, but wouldn't put out and was annoying to listen to. THE stupidest neck shape of all time. Like trying to play a fencepost.

First bought: 91 MIM strat. Probably the first truckload out of Ensenada. Still have it. Skinny, skinny neck, no skunk stripe. Joy to play. Had it 15 years, broke 34 high e strings before noticed it only had 21 frets. Grrk!

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
yup it is in parts it is a Kramer xlII and i bought it used so I didn't buy it when kramer was popular cause I'm only 16, but it has been repainted it was red now it is neon green and has no neck or pick guard cause both sucked. I plan on making it a death metal machine not sure on the pickups, was thinking dimarzio

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
as i mentioned before i still have my first guitar...sadly i sold my first 7 because i couldnt get used to it at first & gave up. on the bright side some girl in (az i think) bought it for her man who wanted one for a long time, so i know it has a good home. when i see this pic, i kick myself for ever selling it on egay.

Sevenstring.org - M3CHK1LLA's Album: M3CHK1LLA - geetars i used to have - Picture

rikwebb

Reaction score
Yeah, a white Encore Strat that was £15 from a car boot sale 11 years ago. It's in pieces at the moment though, was planning on repainting it and changing the hardware last year but only got as far as taking it apart.

AdAstra2025

ss.org Regulator
Reaction score
Yep, still have mine...a mid-90'a Peavey Raptor 1. It is a far cry from the red Strat copy it once was, but I still play the shit out of that thing every day.

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
I still have my blue and white Yamaha Pacifica! It only has 5 strings on it right now though :lol:

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
:lol: seems like most ppl started with a cheapo...

...im seeing some brands or models mentioned that i have never heard of before.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
I destroyed my mid-eighties black chepo Memphis (strat-style) back in 88 by practicing the Steve Vai around the back throw.
I was actually starting to really get the hang of it, until the strap slipped off (dumb-ass rookie doing around the back throw with no straplocks).
Thats the LAST time I ever done that.

Bevo

Reaction score
I gave it to my son who said he plays it all the time, a Fender Strat with Hot Rails. Last year I was at his place and it had a broken string, was there a few weeks ago, still has the same broken string.

I should get it back from him but don't want to make him lose his practice time LOL!!

s4tch

Reaction score
I had an Ibanez EX370 since 1993. I sold it some month ago, so I had it for like 18 years. It was a nice guitar for that price, playing comfort and sound (thanks to the DiMarzio Al DiMeola pickups) were great, I'd still had it if it had a fixed bridge.

ibanez1.jpg

Selkoid

Reaction score
I wish I still had my first guitar (some strat knock off). It would definitely be a project guitar right now haha.

I gave it away to someone else who was interested in learning guitar after I picked up a new axe, I figure that was a better use for it than sitting around not getting played.

Sea

THALL
Reaction score
Started with a cheapo. Tomahawked it off my porch/balcony and then did the same except down my street. All the strings were lost to begin with, it was a little kid size, and it was awful.

Had fun destroying it though, a lot of fun.

')